cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV mounted in bay

rvis2005
Explorer
Explorer
Alright Folks. For those of you clever, handy and creative type...Will you please post your pictures of your mounted TV in your storage bay? Many of you are very creative and I'd love to see your ideas. Tommy ๐Ÿ™‚
Tommy and Kristi Watters
Coppell, TX
13 REPLIES 13

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
DrewE wrote:
Last weekend, I camped across from someone who had set up a projector with a sheet or something for a screen stretched across one end of their sun canopy. For watching broadcast TV, you'd need some sort of a TV tuner to go with the projector. (They were actually playing some video game. Over-the-air TV reception was pretty much nonexistent at the campgroundโ€”at least, my TV couldn't find any signal.)

May have been me! I haven't used it for over the air, but I can run the Directv to it or play DVD's on it.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
On my list....

I will buy 2 identical 2 peice mounts, the kind where one peice attaches to the wall and the second screws into the TV, and u pop the latch and can lift the TV off.

One will mount in the bedroom, the other will be on a bracket that will attach to the underside of the kitchen slide.

I'll be able to easily move the bedroom TV (and wireless joey) outside
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
rvis2005 wrote:
Alright Folks. For those of you clever, handy and creative type...Will you please post your pictures of your mounted TV in your storage bay? Many of you are very creative and I'd love to see your ideas. Tommy ๐Ÿ™‚

Best I ever saw was one that used 2 little s hooks and a couple small chains and just hung from the window. Had a long cords and could mount it any where they used some hard foam as a tilt.

Sure looked good as I walked by.

Simple - Cheap - WORKED!

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last weekend, I camped across from someone who had set up a projector with a sheet or something for a screen stretched across one end of their sun canopy. For watching broadcast TV, you'd need some sort of a TV tuner to go with the projector. (They were actually playing some video game. Over-the-air TV reception was pretty much nonexistent at the campgroundโ€”at least, my TV couldn't find any signal.)

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Well Gang,
Here's ours. We have an Itasca Horizon 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT and, the outside TV is in the last bay, forward of the right rear duals. The cool part of ours is, it doubles as a storage bay too. We don't put much in there but, it's nice to have the room for small stuff. As you can see in the photos, the TV doesn't exist until we want to use it. The whole thing is on a slide-out shelf/tray.

The front hinges down to make almost a small table/tray. Then, there's a divider that is both a protector for the TV screen and, a wall for what ever we deem to store in the front section.

The divider slides up and, completely out of the compartment. Then, the TV can be viewed right where it is or, like all flat screen mounts, it can be pivoted out to allow for multiple angles of viewing. We've used it on several occasions. TV viewing is not all that important while we're out camping but, on occasion, if the weather is nice and, cooperating, it's nice to sit and relax outside while we view it.

Of course, we keep it down and low so we don't cause any issues with any neighbors, if we have any that is. It's maybe something that I wouldn't have installed but, it was in there when we bought the coach so, we take advantage of it, now and then.
Scott

Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
rvis2005 wrote:
Will you please post your pictures of your mounted TV in your storage bay?

See the "basement install" photos near the bottom of this page.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

DrifterRV
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted the TV on a virticle tube so we can swing the TV out from being folded in the bay and be able partly to close the bay door.

Mike & Sharon

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't done it yet but it's on my winter list when we get home.

The plan is to basically mount the TV in a drawer attached to the top of one of the bays. The drawer pulls out and than hinges down. There is a already a sound system in the bays as part of the front Bose system. Motorized would be nice. It looks like I can get a 40" TV or so in the bay. Any way that's the plan. For me, it's either build in or not have one but I couldn't stand the clutter of stowing than hooking it all up just for an occasional use.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
NeverHome2 wrote:
We don't mount the tv in the bay. When we travel the basement tv is in it's original box with the Styrofoam and the box sits in the bedroom. Then when we stop, the chairs come out of the bay and in goes the tv. Not quite as clever as some we have seen but it works!

This is what I do also, other than I don't even put it in the box. I just put it facedown on the bed for travel. It's not that I'm too cheap to mount it, but I found this was much more practical. If you mount it in a bay then no matter what your campsite looks like, you'll need to sit around that bay to watch TV. I can put my TV anyplace in the campsite I want it. Last October it was out on the picnic table tuned to the World Series watching the Giants. Which was a mistake because we ended up with 30 people in the campsite before long!

The new LED TV's are very light and it's pretty easy to carry them in and out.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to think about permanently mounting it in the bay. It restricts you to one position for viewing the TV. If the site is small, has a hill on the passenger side, rocky, etc, it will make it hard to sit and watch. Sun is a big factor too. You can still make a mount, just make it removable.

The first thing that comes to mind are two thin aluminum straps attached to the back of the TV that extend 2"-3" above the TV. Drill a hole in the ends and then screw large looks into the bay ceiling. You can than just hang it, yet move it around as needed.

Many leave the base on and just protect it when they put it away. This way it can go anywhere. The down side to not mounting it or making it easy to use, is that you won't you it as often, because it's a pain to deal with.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

NeverHome2
Explorer
Explorer
We don't mount the tv in the bay. When we travel the basement tv is in it's original box with the Styrofoam and the box sits in the bedroom. Then when we stop, the chairs come out of the bay and in goes the tv. Not quite as clever as some we have seen but it works!
Lovin' Life!!!!

2005 HR Endeavor

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
I can't help other than to supply link to mounts:
http://www.monoprice.com

RudysWorld
Explorer
Explorer
I just came back from a rally and a vendor had a mount attached to suction cup handle that is used for glass and granite installation. It can be placed anywhere on the MH. I think I will try that. There are may other creative ideas. Good Luck!
Rudy - 8 year old long haired dachshund
2011 Georgetown 350TS