cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV Problem

dsullivan
Explorer
Explorer
My boat anchor turns on and off by itself. Remote doesn't seem to have any effect. Any ideas or suggestions other than time to upgrade.
15 REPLIES 15

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
dsullivan wrote:
My boat anchor turns on and off by itself. Remote doesn't seem to have any effect. Any ideas or suggestions other than time to upgrade.

Whatever the case, I refuse to put up with any coach TV these days that require some kind of a box and an extra remote to operate the darn thing and am assuming that's what you're dealing with, as well.
So, with the prices down do much, a new LED is in order here.
It's bad enough at home putting up with cable or other, even when you have a modern set. In fact, we'll most likely be rid of it all at home, before long, as well.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ava wrote:
Maybe it is a sign to start reading a book instead of watching tv. I watch enough at home and look forward to doing other things when travelling.

Now we have the book police on here... that was really helpful.
I would try what Johno02 suggested above.
We were at a Monaco MH rally and our TV would change channels on it's own at night. Covered up the IR remote sensor that Monaco's have so our close neighbor could not change our channels. I know it was childish but I did have fun changing his channels.

*If you do have to replace the anchor, this post might help.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
dsullivan wrote:
MH is sitting in driveway, everything off, Electric plugged in. Remote in drawer, tv comes on and off without pushing any buttons.

If the remote, with a good battery, is also not working, I think it's a good bet that the remote circuitry INSIDE the TV is fried.

If the remote does work, then it might be an old and rare RF remote and you have some outside signals at work.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it is a sign to start reading a book instead of watching tv. I watch enough at home and look forward to doing other things when travelling.

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
I have a somewhat similar problem in reverse, we are sitting in a campground in Ft Myers, FL and nearly every evening, when we are watching the CBS channel, and between 7:30 & 8:00PM the TV turns completely off (off indicator is on) remains off for 5 seconds and turns back on as if nothing ever happened. I mentioned where we are located, because this has never happened anywhere else. WERID.
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie
2003 Bounder, 32W / Ford V10 / 2 Slides
Toad: 2004 Saturn L300, Brake Buddy

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is you neighbor with a compatible remote having fun?
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Find the infrared sensor on the TV and tape over it with black tape. Try unplugging the tv, then using an extension cord with an multi-outlet connector, put a voltage meter on the same plug as the tv. Find out if the problem is in the TV, or the power to it. From what you have said, the TV is probably the suspect.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
Check in settings and make sure it doesn't have a power on and power off time set.
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

dsullivan
Explorer
Explorer
MH is sitting in driveway, everything off, Electric plugged in. Remote in drawer, tv comes on and off without pushing any buttons.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
dsullivan wrote:
My boat anchor turns on and off by itself.

What does that mean.....that it comes ON and OFF at random times whenever it feels like it ?? OR that you can turn it on and off by pushing the buttons on the TV itself but not with the remote ? OR something else ???

First thought is a dead battery in the remote....or someone switched the remote to "cable box" or "radio tuner", etc.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
A new LED Smart TV will fix the problem.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Is this on your 2007 Southwind?
That coach isn't that old.
Does it happen while driving or parked? Driving could have issues with the inhibit relay to turn TV off while driving. It could be loose connection on relay. Location various but normally close to TV.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
dsullivan wrote:
Should read "boat anchor TV.

Just hit the "Edit" button over your original post and you can edit the words as much as you like!
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
On some of the older coaches, the TV was used for the back up monitor and would come on when the vehicle was put in reverse. Any chance that is what you are dealing with?