cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

used dp

san_elijo_kb
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a 2000 American tradition diesel pusher. over all looks to be ok with a lot of wear in general. mileage is 110k .seems like a lot of miles for a 2000 . I know diesels last longer than gassers. is that mileage something to be concerned about. of course it depends on regular maintence . It would be a fixer upper for sure. asking price is 30k. it appears to be a nice coach in its day. however its better days may be in the past. thanks kb
Ken and Mary Ann
6 REPLIES 6

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
As previously posted, my Veteran's help organization was gifted with a Fleetwood Explorer 34H. I have yet to see inside it. I believe it to be a 2005 to 2008.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Traditions are part of the luxury line of Fleetwood and are very fine coaches.

Here are the new models: http://americancoach.com/americantradition
2014 American Eagle

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Why not take it to an expert for an inspection? Money well spent.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

barmcd
Explorer
Explorer
I think you can do better for that price. I just did a multistate craigs list search and there are some pretty good, low mileage 1999-2000 units for $30K.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
110000 isn't really a lot of miles for a 2000. It's not a lot of mileage for any engine, gas or diesel. I would look at how it was maintained. Your comment about it being a fixer upper and having seen better days makes it seem a little rough. Most people maintain what can be seen better than what can't be seen. If it looks rough, chances are they didn't maintain it mechanically either. You could be in for a money pit.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
You are right about maintenance....the 110,000 miles is not bad really if the maintenance has been done. The 'guru's'' say that it's better to have an engine that's been used vs. one that has sat for years with extremely low mileage.

Look at www.pplmotorhomes.com in their 'diesel' section. The price that you are showing with the condition seems high compared to units on this site.

Good luck,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins