cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waking Her UP

kedanie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heading out for Phoenix this Friday and decided it was time to wake up the coach from her winter sleep. It's been sitting, winterized, for around 3 months.

Everything was working fine when I winterized it as normal. So, I filled the water tank, checked for any leaks and turned on the pump. Everything's working like usual, pushing air out of the water heater and finally filled all the water lines. Cleared all the air pockets out of the lines and closed all the faucets.

Pump is still running, hmmmmmmmm? Start looking around and that is when I notice a spray of water coming from the hot water heater. Quickly turned off the pump and started checking for damage. Turned out that the hot water line coming from the water heater was leaking. At first I thought that I had a cracked line, but I found that the compression fitting had come loose for some reason. Pulled everything apart and re-assembled. Turned the pump back on and no more leaks!

Curious how things like that happen. Dang compression fittings!

Keith
Keith and Gloria
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
USAF 1968-1976 Vietnam Veteran
4 REPLIES 4

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could be if you use air to blow the lines you might have had the pressure just a bit too high. I use air but keep the pressure under 45 PSI. I also leave the system pressurized once I blow out the lines. When the time comes to refill if the air has bled off I know I have a leak somewhere.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ka Ron wrote:
Gremlins

X2
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Explorer
Explorer
Changes in temperature will do that sometimes.
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer