cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washer/Dryer combos

jobythebay
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, we have a setup in our Georgetown for a combo washer/dryer but we didn't have one put in. We now want to and don't want to spend a lot of money because in 3 years we will trade this unit in.

I know the downfalls but does anyone have one they like for under $1,000 and can we put it in ourselves? Thanks for any advice.
Jo, Elliott, Cloey and Zoey, Havanese sisters
who JUST bought a Georgetown 328TS Class A and will be towing a 2010 Toyota Corolla.
10 REPLIES 10

jobythebay
Explorer
Explorer
We didn't get the vented and I had read that we "should" but we only plan on keeping this unit for 2 years and then we'll upgrade to one with a real washer/dryer. So I guess it wasn't the money since I see used ones don't cost much but the venting...well changing a light bulb in this house (as DH would say "Do you do your own taxes?" is a challenge so Paying to have it vented wasn't a cost we wanted for just two years. We'll see what happens. We tried it in our bathroom and it was great.
who JUST bought a Georgetown 328TS Class A and will be towing a 2010 Toyota Corolla.

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
I have the vented Splendide vented model. It was in when I bought. Almost never used, until me. Again, don't try to make it do your way, but master it's way of working. Much better serenity in life.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

jobythebay
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
Hi. Definitely check CL for the Splendide 2100xc vented unit.
We just picked one up last month for $250 that was barely used.
We checked the serial number on it and it was manufactured in 2012.
You can go online and there is a cross reference there to find out the date.
Also, Splendide has a scratch and dent dept. You could call and check if
they have any. Some RV Surplus stores have them too.
The scary part is installing it. It is still sitting in the 5r living room because I am freaking out about cutting a 4" hole in the side of the fifth wheel! Plus we are waiting for the temperature here to drop below 100 degrees.
We bought the vent, tubing, and hold down brackets on Amazon.
Good luck
C

LOL, we hope to trade ours in in 2 1/2 years (but who is counting) No really we love it but I wanted a 1/2 bath, the bedroom is too small..you know how it goes. So now we are thinking on not spending a lot of money and getting these $200 units that will do the job for our little stuff.

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our fifth wheel used and it had the Splendide in it already. We are not full timers so really didn't want it. Friends said keep it a year and see if you use it. If not, take it out and sell it We just returned from a two week trip and it was really nice to have. Would I get one again? Not sure unless I was retired and on the road more often.
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. Definitely check CL for the Splendide 2100xc vented unit.
We just picked one up last month for $250 that was barely used.
We checked the serial number on it and it was manufactured in 2012.
You can go online and there is a cross reference there to find out the date.
Also, Splendide has a scratch and dent dept. You could call and check if
they have any. Some RV Surplus stores have them too.
The scary part is installing it. It is still sitting in the 5r living room because I am freaking out about cutting a 4" hole in the side of the fifth wheel! Plus we are waiting for the temperature here to drop below 100 degrees.
We bought the vent, tubing, and hold down brackets on Amazon.
Good luck
C
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
DW wanted the combo since that is what our coach has a space for. We gave up the storage to have it put in. As everyone knows, "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" We are all happy here 🙂 She absolutely loves not going to seek out the laundromat, schlepping all our clothes and supplies to and from, spending 2 or 3 hours in a hot, often dirty place in a bad part of town. I, of course, had to go with her so it's a win win situation. There was a brief learning curve and some wrinkled loads but now she has the system down and loves being able to do the laundry in her pajamas if she wants!
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
DW never wanted a W/D onboard. After 11 years we bought a coach that had stacked W/D already installed. After a bit of a learning curve I don't think we will ever be without again.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ivylog wrote:
You want the vented 2100XC and recently there were three in the East for $375 to $600 on Cragslist. It would help if you added where you live to your SIG as this is the only one I found today. The other two were on Ebay and they must have sold as they are no longer listed.
Other than being fairly heavy it's something you can do yourself.

X-2, you'll be glad you have it.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
You want the vented 2100XC and recently there were three in the East for $375 to $600 on Cragslist. It would help if you added where you live to your SIG as this is the only one I found today. The other two were on Ebay and they must have sold as they are no longer listed.
Other than being fairly heavy it's something you can do yourself.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

PGCR
Explorer
Explorer
We had one installed in our coach and love it. Of course you'll have to understand how to 'load' and 'use' it because you'll hear lots of people complain about wrinkles, the time it takes to do a load, etc. but once you've mastered the 'right sized load' and the 'right amount of time' it takes, you'll find you use it quite a bit. Don't expect it to be your front load you have at home, but think of it as a way to get fresh towels and swim suits while on the road...you'll find you love it too! Ours is the vented 2100XC Washer-Dryer combo. Great for the price but go on to Craigslist or eBay...someone is always looking to get rid of or upgrade theirs!