cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washing class A motorhome

36_Paws
Explorer
Explorer
Today is our 45th day as full timers. All is well. I need to wash our motor home. I would rather wash it myself than have it washed. I feel sure there are places I could do this. Any suggestions?
Thanks
19 REPLIES 19

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since very few RV parks that we have used prohibit RV washing...I just do it as needed. Due to physical limitations I can no longer wash and dry the whole coach in one setting I tend to break it up into segment so I might take 3 days but what the heck...I'm retired.

As a backup I also have some waterless cleaners which work very well. The wash all product is good and one from Girots Garage is even better.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I wash my TT at campgrounds, more often than when home, and it doesn't matter if the campground has a no-wash policy or not.

I simply do small areas at a time with a bucket and sponge, and rinse with a sponge and dry with a soft towel. Sure, it may take a few days to go all around the camper, doing it this way in 5-7 foot section at a time. But the pay off is, no one will question you, since you're not dragging out hoses and your not soaking the ground or camp spot.

Last Summer, we took a week trip, staying at 3 different campgrounds. I was able to wash the camper at home, (all at one time), but spent the entire next week camping, spending about 30 minutes each day, to go over a small portion of the camper, wipe it down with a clean cloth, and then wax that portion. When I got home, the camper looked fabulous.

If you wash small areas at a time, and do it consistently, you'll never have to pay anyone or hire anyone, or be concerned how you're going to get it clean. It only takes 30 minutes a day or less, but it does take a certain commitment to stick with it.

Once clean, keep repeating, and you'll never have a dirty camper.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your 45th. day anniversary. ๐Ÿ™‚

Check for a DIY car wash. Some of them have uncovered areas for large vehicles.
If a CG does not allow washing, they may know somewhere in the area you can wash your rig.

Enjoy your travels.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
As said, many campgrounds do allow RV washing, occasionally with an extra water usage charge.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Many campgrounds allow you to wash your RV.