cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We've quit

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
Well folks, after 45 years of having and enjoying an RV of one kind or another, we are without. This past Tuesday we sadly watched as some folks drove off with their new purchase. We finally decided, at 80+ years of age, that it was time! Although we still enjoy the lifestyle immensely we realized that we just cannot do the things we enjoy and have always done. I can no longer do the necessary maintenance myself and it was taking Jackie and I two or three weeks to get ready for a trip. So rather than hurt, maim or even kill one or both of us, or even worse yet do the same to someone else we mutually decided that it was time to quit. We have seen a large portion of this great country and then some, we have visited all 50 states (not all by RV) and twenty some countries, we have been truly blessed.
We wish everyone here continued health, enjoyment, a long life and God's Blessings.
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie
2003 Bounder, 32W / Ford V10 / 2 Slides
Toad: 2004 Saturn L300, Brake Buddy
17 REPLIES 17

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, what a great Rving run! Congrats and best wishes for a new adventure for you!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

RLHAMILTON
Explorer
Explorer
GOD bless.
DICK & JUDY HAMILTON
2012 WINNEBAGO JOURNEY
2017 EQUINOX TOAD
LIFETIME GOOD SAM MEMBER, FMCA, PP AMERICA
FMCA MEMBER F-386544

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
What a great run!
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.

KansasRV
Explorer
Explorer
Best of luck in everything!

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
I turned 78 2 days ago and did have to make a few changes in my RVing. We started in '69 and have had all but a pickup in that time. I ujse an electric scooter to get around and could not get up the 6 steps to my Mountain Aire. DW said when I died she was going to get a Roadtrek. She died before me and I got the Roadtrek, then thought the GMC would be easier to get into. The scooter fits in the rear of the Roadtrek and I have done a lot in the 3 years I gave owned it. GMC has no place to store my scooter and is up for sale. I hope to get a few more years of RVing in before having to quit.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

CopilotCompanio
Explorer
Explorer
Dawson et al.: Best of luck & Godspeed! /CC
DH: Designated Curmudgeon
Lupé the Rescue Dog: Self-appointed Tattletale
DW: Copilot & Companion
No offense intended. Sarcasm is my strong suit.

CopilotCompanio
Explorer
Explorer
ct78barnes wrote:
It is never to late to give advice . We have had a rv of some type since 1994 and I will be 57 next week.We got our first coach in 2004 and we are on our third one now. I got a lot of flack for getting one at a early age but you never know what tomorrow will bring, I found out I have stage 4 liver cancer and will be forced to quit this life style that I love. I am in the same boat as you and take each day as a blessing.I will still try to stay active on this site and help when I can,I love to travel and have been all over the USA these last 22 years.I am glade I did not listen to my co workers . I joined WIT and worked up to Presdent of our club the youngest one at that. So dont give up and please stick around . There are a lot of us younger ones just getting into this life style. I am sure you have a wealth of knolage you could share whith us younger folkes.

Barnes, so sorry about your diagnosis. Thank you for continuing to shepherd us newbies, despite your health condition. I'm so glad you have 22 years of memories to fall back on. Well done! Best of luck to you & yours, /CC

pr
DH: Designated Curmudgeon
Lupé the Rescue Dog: Self-appointed Tattletale
DW: Copilot & Companion
No offense intended. Sarcasm is my strong suit.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on a great run! Also admire your ability to recognize and accept your limitations. We'll all be there at some point, if we're lucky. Best wishes on your next chapter!
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Farewell and well done
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
It is never to late to give advice . We have had a rv of some type since 1994 and I will be 57 next week.We got our first coach in 2004 and we are on our third one now. I got a lot of flack for getting one at a early age but you never know what tomorrow will bring, I found out I have stage 4 liver cancer and will be forced to quit this life style that I love. I am in the same boat as you and take each day as a blessing.I will still try to stay active on this site and help when I can,I love to travel and have been all over the USA these last 22 years.I am glade I did not listen to my co workers . I joined WIT and worked up to Presdent of our club the youngest one at that. So dont give up and please stick around . There are a lot of us younger ones just getting into this life style. I am sure you have a wealth of knolage you could share whith us younger folkes.

pr

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fair winds and following seas shipmate.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Don't quit RV.NET. You still have experience and advice to share. 🙂

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Greg check in with us now and then you have to much knowledge not too! Good Luck

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Hope there are still adventures in your future and I applaud you for knowing/recognizing that it was time to hang it up.

Good luck!
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab