cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

deborahsheik
Explorer
Explorer
Completed our screen "door" for the 2014 Winnebago Era slider.
We used 2 ready made portable "doors" from WalMart to span the opening...60 inches.
Tried a tension rod but too much of a gap at the top.
Sewed rectangular magnets in the top pocket, added an extra bit of screen to the bottom for length,..84 inches...and sewed in magnets between the weights on the bottom. Extra magnets go on the sides.
They both roll up into a 36 inch long mailing tube.
Deborah and Jack
Englewood, Florida
2014 Winnebago Era 70a
AKA "Diva Mobile" 😉

Metaphor_7182
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a new set of WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors. :C

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
Time for another road trip. The weather is too nice to ignore. First order of business was to get the oil in the generator changed. The RV dealer wanted $80.00 to change the "one litre of oil". There is no filter on this generator. It just seemed a little unreasonable to charge $80 for one litre of oil.

Went to a friend who owns a local lube shop and he did it for free. Plus he had the walk-in pits which made it a breeze. Cost ... a couple cups of coffee for his staff. Also got a new wiper blade on passenger side.

Next ... drain and sanitize the fresh water system. I have notice that I am having a problem with the kitchen taps. When the HW tank is on by-pass I get cold water. When I take it off by-pass I only get hot water regardless of the position of the tap. Perhaps the tap is broken, or malfunctioning?? This is the second tap that Winnebago has installed. The original one was leaking on the PDI inspection.

Next ... clean and vacuum the interior. All bed clothes have been washed and I just need to remake the bed. I have made the electric sofa/bed into a semi permanent bed by placing a 4" memory foam topper on it. It's a little inconvenient but I sure sleep better at night.

Still don't have a working microwave. This is the second one that has died. Winnebago replaced the original long ago and this one hasn't worked for some time. (I didn't realize it wasn't working since I seldom use a microwave.) I'm thinking about replacing the microwave area with a set drawers and get an combo microwave/convection oven to sit on one of my optional cabinets. I saw this on another unit and it seems to be a better fit for my needs.

I'm heading out on Monday for a couple of weeks and then back in time to get ready for the BEE Social Group gathering in Kansas in September.
Karsty (The Wandering Viking)

2012 Winnebago ERA

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled the microwave and figured out I didn't have the necessary parts to do my anti-rattle project. So I reinstalled it, which was no big deal till I get the items I will use to support the back of it correctly.....
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
My 95 Dodge had that problem. I used duct tape along the top but silicon might be better.

Metaphor_7182
Explorer
Explorer
~ drained the water (one inch on the port side, and a bit less on the starboard) from the head lights on the ’97 Dodge 190V. . . is this normal? :h

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Adjusted the sliding door for rattles, again. Trying to figure out how to better align the passenger front door because of bad wind noise. It sticks out from the body about 1/8" at the top rear.
Loaded some semi permanent van only clothing in and added some minor kitchen items.
Contemplating pulling out the microwave to add some padding on it's mounts for rattles.
More to come
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

RnRs-RT
Explorer
Explorer
My wife used the RT to go pick up our grandson this morning while I took our daily driver on some other errands. Just one more reason we love our "B"!

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I THOUGHT about washing it but never got around to it today. 😮
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

cloftus
Explorer
Explorer
Added a wide angle lens to the back window of the Sportsmobile. I'm looking forward to seeing things better when backing out in parking lots like Wal-Mart and Target!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CIPA-60100-11-x-14-Wide-Angle-Lens/17805989

Clicky

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
Loaded up the fridge,replenished the bar(Canadian Crown Royal of course),and packed the veggies. Heading North.
AL
Oh yes.Wife and Holly the 4-legger Coton RVer going too...

Sebtown
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from 12 day trip to Bainbridge Island. All went well except 2 hours from home the charge hose to the turbo slipped off and rpms would not exceed 2500. In the middle of no where and 107 degrees out side we pushed on like that for an hour until we came upon the Mercedes dealer in Fairfield, CA who took me in immediately and had me back on the road in no time. A great trip and otherwise trouble free. Averaged 22.5 mpg. Today we dumped the tanks and gave it a good wash.

gonetothedogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Just had a 60k mile service, new batteries and a good scrub. Leave in the morning for 5 weeks through British Columbia, Yukon and SE Alaska--yippee!

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
Fastpaddler wrote:
Spent the entire day thoroughly cleaning out the PW Plateau due to a mouse or mice having a winter holiday inside. Is there something we can put inside to dissuade them from climbing up the wheels and sneaking in?
AL

Fortunately I haven't had this problem ... but I have seen several folks talk about placing the Bounce dryer sheets around the interior to discourage the mice. Apparently they don't like the smell. Even though I have never had the problem I do it anyway because they smell good.

Good luck ...
Karsty (The Wandering Viking)

2012 Winnebago ERA

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
Flushed the tanks, sanitized, added Calgon and filled up the black and gray with fresh water. Put about a cup of bleach into the fresh tanks. Then, drove down to the carwash and cleaned the exterior of all the grime and bugs we picked up after two weeks of boondocking in Northern New Mexico's Carson National Forest. Filled it up with gas, too. Two weeks in a B with the DW and a 54 pound dog get.....a little tight. However, spend most of our time outside and prepared meals outside, so just used the john, bath and beds in the RT.

Got 13.3 mpg from Amarillo to my house in OKC, about 264 miles level and straight on I-40. That is driving 70 and using the AC.
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring