cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

hermelv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip Al. I will do this when we return to NB in April. We've purchased a 37 feet Park Model in Florida and will be using the B as our daily vehicle. We got as far as Apache Junction (near Phoenix) with our previous motorhome (37 foot Gulfstream Sun Voyage). Met many Canadians from BC, Manitoba and Alberta and only a few from Atlantic Canada.
This morning, I've run the generator for 30 minutes and got the fridge working in preparation of our 4-day trip next week. I am running an electric heater with a thermostat to keep the interior warm so that the fridge freezes up OK. I've been told that the fridge will not work properly if it is too cold inside the RV. Hope this is the right thing to do.

yizit
Explorer
Explorer
Woke up to 3 degrees this AM. Ran the geni for 40 minutes. Took a couple of pumps to get it started, but once it started, it purred like a kitten.
Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear
2013 Roadtrek RS Adventurous (aka..Roada)
Wisconsin Dells...Water park capital of the world

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
hermelv wrote:
Started packing for our trip to Florida where we'll spend the winter. Planning to leave on Tuesday after the storm in the US is over. Had an oil change done, changed fuel and air filters, and wiper blades. We're ready to hit the road for our first big trip in the LTV van with DW and our two Maltese dogs, Mika and Angie.:)

Have a great trip. I used to live in Ottawa and go to Florida in winter. Now on the West Coast we go to Palm Springs or Phoenix & area. Do you have a Florida room to attach to your awning. Doubles your home space.
2. Today, put 18inch wide heavy duty foil under all four wheels.Why? The little field mice cannot get a footing and crawl up the tires and into the warmer interior of the B. Smart idea, eh?
Al
PS Some people come here from the East and camp all winter!!

hermelv
Explorer
Explorer
Started packing for our trip to Florida where we'll spend the winter. Planning to leave on Tuesday after the storm in the US is over. Had an oil change done, changed fuel and air filters, and wiper blades. We're ready to hit the road for our first big trip in the LTV van with DW and our two Maltese dogs, Mika and Angie.:)

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday, I took it out shopping for some exercise. Filled up the tank and will put some sea foam in it just in case that was my last cruise for a while.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

drsolo
Nomad
Nomad
I got a Wave 3 catalytic heater and tried it out last night. I am at my cousins and her outside plug wont allow me to run my Coleman overhead heater (which is inadequate below 40o or so) and a supplemental quartz heater or it blows the circuit. I ran the overhead and the cat heater last night it was down to 13oF and I was toasty warm. I let it run overnight on low and it was 67oF in the morning. I have the drivers window open 2 inches, my CO and O2 sensor were quiet. But the heater sitting on a "cart" between the drivers and passenger seats heated up the overhead control panel for the conversion van. I wa afraid it might melt or even start burning so I plugged in my little clamp on fan, directed it to blow right at the panel and it cooled off right away.
Ingrid and Dan Retired teachers from Milwaukee, WI
1992 GMC Vandura conversion

mepboat
Explorer
Explorer
Today we just re-loaded our Pleasureway Excel. She is now ready for the next adventure. We have just replaced two tires, (yesterday), so today we had to put all the goodies back in. Since we will not be traveling for about 1 month we drained the H2O, cleaned the interior, placed the window reflectors back on the glass and covered the wheels. Luckily we park next to the house and have a 30 amp hookup we installed to keep the charge up. We also have H2O and a cable hookup so when we have overnight guests we give them a private cabana home for the night. Alarm is set, windshield wipers slipped into the noodle covers and all is well for now......Class "B" Motorhomes...B Safe, B happy, Go RVing!!!!

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday, I picked up the 2002 Roadtrek 190 V from the mechanic. Last bit of mechanicalwork to do (I purchased the van from a dealer representing an estate for short money. It had a few things to fix. Will tell story later.) I now have a few rv work left, which I hope to finish in the next few days.

1. Hang new shower curtain.
2. Put safety handle on the side door for wife.
3. Finish putting seat belt on rear right hand seat.
4. Put kit on that will make it easier to winterize.
5. Put by-pass kit on water heater. (Somebody really screwed this up.)
6. Clean RV.
7. Start creating a master list of things that should be on it like FrancoAmerican Mac and cheese and spam. (Great stick-to-the-ribs dinner.

Work on additional lists.

Boy, these Rv's are fun to own. Cockpit to fly, mechanical things to learn about and fix or make better.

Sebtown
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered some Dicor to repair the leak at the vent which I discovered after the first rain of the season.

Darrah
Explorer
Explorer
Did a oil change last night.
Pat (human I think.)
2015 MyPod by Little Guy.
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
I finished the wiring in the new motor home garage today and hooked up the chassis and coach battery chargers.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

HiknDoug
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 04 PW Excel.
Now to figure out the ins and outs. As my wife had back surgery, the trusty VW Bus is just to uncomfortable for our upcoming CCW trek around the US.

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Please stay on topic. If you want to change the topic start a new thread, or PM the member with your question.

Thanks

Remember, the topic is "What did you do to your Class B today?"

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
Last Friday, my underhood battery was drained. I trickle charged it until Sunday and it started right up. :C

My chassis battery drained on me once. Fortunately it was summer time and I became aware of it shortly after. I was able to boost the engine from the coach battery and took the RV for a long drive. All has been fine since then. 😄 I had left my headlights on ... any idea how your battery discharge?
Karsty (The Wandering Viking)

2012 Winnebago ERA

Metaphor_7182
Explorer
Explorer
Winter prep is complete. Looking at 12-volt dehumidifiers for the apron time between trips.