cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheel covers that attach to the fender

wstuck
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I am looking for some details about how the factory installed wheel covers on the Monaco are fitted. I saw a Monaco Motorhome with wheel covers that were attached within the fender. They were really nice looking and I stopped to talk with the owners -- but they were out for the day. So I was not able to get any details about how they were actually attached inside the fender.
It looked like there was some kind of stainless steel band that was riveted inside the fender --- but I could not see how the fabric then attached to the band. If anyone has these or know how they work -- please let me know and send a picture if you can. Thank you, Bill
6 REPLIES 6

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
Bill; I your a person that likes to make your own, this is what I did. Google plastic awning rail and plastic awning webbing. There are several companies supplying it. The plastic awning rail I got was pretty rigid but wrapped a tie down strap around it making a large circle (more like a tear drop) and left it in the sun for a couple of days, when released from the strap it stayed in that shape . Then measured the circumference of the wheel well and cut off access. I then pop riveted this to the inner side of the wheel well. Purchased some Sunbrella fabric on line and then stitched this to the plastic webbing making a half circle top with a flat bottom flap. The cover simply slides in the rail covering the entire wheel well. PM me if you would like more info and pictures.
kdk
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo

wstuck
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of your input. I guess I will just have to make them myself. I'll let you know how they look and work. Bill

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my RV wheel covers at Coastline Cover Company in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
(909) 484-6592. I bought the solid black individual tire covers for total protection. You have to measure the tire to get the right size, mine were 'jumbo'. (295/80R/22.5)

The mesh snap-on material is usually custom done by the same guy that makes windshield covers that snap on. That's the guy to call if you want the snap-on mesh covers for the wheels.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

C_SL
Explorer
Explorer
Yes that is what I'm looking for too. But can not find them.
2005 Monaco, Signature 525 Hp Cummins

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
These??
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

C_SL
Explorer
Explorer
Yes they are very nice. They were made by http://www.mcdinnovations.com/ but the quit making them a while ago. I want a set too!!
2005 Monaco, Signature 525 Hp Cummins

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee