cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where Can I Find Spec or Floor Plan Info for Windsong?

Frosty_s_Mom
Explorer
Explorer
the manual for this FR product is so general as to exclude specific info--such as, if you will be boondocking you'll need to fill the water tank prior to leaving. except it doesn't tell you where the gravity fill is...would need to be able to sterilize as well. floor plans for old models--can they be found? i believe a mod eliminated a badly needed drawer underneath the oven. it's nothing but a big open space. how can i find out if the original unit had the drawer and they just took it out? can't seem to find any specifics.
wee3-gin, clyde & the bichon frise
2002 Forest River Windsong-34' Class A
Workhorse 8.1 W22 with Allison Tranny

1996 Geo Tracker-4WD--"Trudy"
2003 Minnie Winnie 30V - "The Frosty Hauler" (Class C)
May the Angels guide your wheels and ride on your shoulder.
4 REPLIES 4

Frosty_s_Mom
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
You've been spoiled by Winnebago having model-line or specific model owner manuals. Not every RV manufacturer produces such manuals.

you are so right, tom! spoiled in more ways than one by our former Minnie Winnie. I perused the net this morning finding pictures of this same unit on sale and they do indeed show a drawer underneath the oven! GOOD! I was a little worried about putting something under the oven but it obviously had one before. now just have to talk DH into making me one. i'll keep researching for questions to my other questions. thanks again!
wee3-gin, clyde & the bichon frise
2002 Forest River Windsong-34' Class A
Workhorse 8.1 W22 with Allison Tranny

1996 Geo Tracker-4WD--"Trudy"
2003 Minnie Winnie 30V - "The Frosty Hauler" (Class C)
May the Angels guide your wheels and ride on your shoulder.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
You've been spoiled by Winnebago having model-line or specific model owner manuals. Not every RV manufacturer produces such manuals.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Frosty's Mom wrote:
the manual for this FR product is so general as to exclude specific info--such as, if you will be boondocking you'll need to fill the water tank prior to leaving. except it doesn't tell you where the gravity fill is...would need to be able to sterilize as well. floor plans for old models--can they be found? i believe a mod eliminated a badly needed drawer underneath the oven. it's nothing but a big open space. how can i find out if the original unit had the drawer and they just took it out? can't seem to find any specifics.

Try GOOGLE. You would be surprised what is on the internet.

kregli
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think you'll find anything written down. I used to own a 1999 Windsong, and when I had a problem I was able to find a tech on the Forest River help line who knew all the details. It took a long time on the phone to get to the guy, but he had all the details in his head and was very anxious to help.
Keith
2015 Grand Design Momentum 388m
2015 Silverado 3500HD DRW