cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Michelin tires constantly out of stock?

rafo
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for Michelin 315/80/22.5 XZA2 Energy. I want the FMCA discount which is a great deal for these tires. But nobody has them in stock when I call around. I am always told "two more weeks" and this is from 5-6 dealers within 100 mile radius. Anyone know what is going on? After 3 months I think this is ridiculous. Do I wait for the FMCA special or just move on to some other brand? The FMCA price is really a great value
8 REPLIES 8

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not constantly, just presently. After the next production run, they will be abundant.

Rarely sold sizes are made in limited runs, maybe once or twice a year. The manufacturers try not to build more than they can sell quickly, as buyers are now aware of date codes and will refuse "old" tires.

Try other brands, or be willing to accept the tire you want at any age that can be found. There are usually a few tires somewhere, warehouse or another dealer's stock, but most tire dealers won't try very hard if they have something else to sell you.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We bought B F Goodrich tires ST230's for our Class A (owned by Michelin and made in America) and got them quickly. We have put over 50,000 miles on them with no problems.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
A few years back, my stepfather had to spend a few days in Billings, MT waiting for a Michelin tire to be delivered for his MH. He now carries an unmounted spare tire. He is not much of a Michelin fan any more because of that, since tire had less than 2000 miles on it, and they said it was "customer abuse". A term I became very familiar with when I was a dealer. :R
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable 😛
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

Macktee
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought new steer tires a couple of months ago. 295 80 22.5 Goodyears. I was told that the 295 and 315s in the 80 series are not common sizes to the trucking industry, and therefore they are not produced as often. I don't know any better, so I am just passing it on. Macktee
04 Monaco Dynasty Diamond 1V ( Homer II)
2012 Ram 1500 4X4 Quad Cab towed
2013 Cargo Mate 28ft enclosed car hauler
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
2010 Club Car Golf Car

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
michilin had a huge recall on tires there just geting back to normal , or try a different dealer. took me two weeks to get mine ,

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I put 315s on my steer axle last year. Dealer got them within 2 days and they were only 3 months old....that was in Mesa Arizona....maybe you need to call Michelin and ask them....?.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
I have always found that America's Tire gives great service and good prices. Even when I wanted exact OEM replacements on my F-150 at over 100K miles, they got them for me in one day, faster and le$$ than anywhere else.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Limited production runs
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31