cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windsport Class A

SARGUY
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking at a 2000 Windsport Class A it seems in great condition,can any one tell me who made this motor home. It seems to be in great shape and the price seems good at $25,000. It has about 30,000 miles on it and has had only 2 owners, this I have verified since it is owned locally.
6 REPLIES 6

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
SARGUY wrote:
,,,can anyone tell me who made this motor home.,,,

Four Winds was the original builder but they merged with Damon and create Thor in 2010.

The Windsports were copies of the Hurricane line but with a bit more bling with interior options. Good rig if properly cared for but for the model year you're looking at it is priced a bit high. Maybe $18K but it would have to be THE coach and perfect in every detail.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Bruce_Brown
Keep in mind $15k is high book. A $19k offer is **very** generous.

Also be sure to check the age of the tires. They may look great but they age out. If they are more than 5-6 years old you'll be needing them very soon.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

SARGUY
Explorer
Explorer
Its a 37 FT MH Class A it had a new roof 5 years ago due to damage from low branches. The lower half has been repainted and it looks like new. It is in excellent condition but I felt that it was overpriced, so just wanted to get some opinions from folks that are more familiar with this type of RV than I am. Thanks to all of you for the info, I like this RV and will make an offer around $19,000 and see what happens.

mph_medic
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 34K model and love it.. Just paid 14K for it about 2 months ago.. We took it to Spring River last week and after working out a few cosmetic problems and a few personal upgrades.. Its a good buy.. look at the tires.. 19.5 and cost much more then the tires on my last RV.. Rides good did not like the tv up front so I moved it to the overhead area with a drop down mount and I'm working on a fill in for the dash hole.. now... good luck....
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the Paramedics...

2000 Windsport 34K

Bruce_Brown
^^^ Agreed on $25k being high, actually it's crazy high. A check of NADA, choosing the biggest one available, shows a book price of $12,500 low book, $15,100 for a high book. It's an 18 year old gasser, built by Four Winds, a Thor company.

IMO if it was 100% pristine, with somewhat fresh tires, I wouldn't go any more than $15k, and I'm not sure I'd even do that. For a $25k budget I think there are far better options available.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

hostage
Explorer
Explorer
SARGUY wrote:
I have been looking at a 2000 Windsport Class A it seems in great condition,can any one tell me who made this motor home. It seems to be in great shape and the price seems good at $25,000. It has about 30,000 miles on it and has had only 2 owners, this I have verified since it is owned locally.

what length what options etc its made by thor 25K seems high to me