cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago Class C in the future... maybe

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
This is the Winnebago Burleigh, built on an IVECO a chassis rapidly replacing Sprinters here . Sorry about the small photo

Here is the 28ft Sunliner Navian for comparison based on the same chassis

Interior
5 REPLIES 5

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
mlts22 wrote:
With Hymer in the States and spending a lot of cash on making RV models, I wouldn't be surprised to see some Euro-style motorhomes on this side of the pond, more than just class "B"s.

If Ford makes the T-450 and T-550 Transits as is rumored, I can see those being the base of some pretty nice class "C" units.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see some units on the upcoming Sprinter gasoline engine chassis that is due in 2018-2019.

Do not know about a Gasoline Sprinter. At the opening of a new factory in the US, to make the Sprinter a spokesman said
Mercedes has no plans to offer a gasoline-powered Sprinter in the U.S., but Glaser said the company will consider it if there is demand. “We never say no, and we listen to our customers and our dealer feedback,” he said.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
theatremusician wrote:
I think the Aussie and Euro RV's are so much nicer than the RV's here in the States. Our RV companies seem to be stuck in the 70's as far as styling goes. If we had better looking rigs, I think RV'ing would be a lot more enticing to a younger crowd.

Agreed. On a per capita basis, we are selling what would be 320,000 RV's a year in the US. More manufacturers are popping up all the time, so the number just keeps increasing.
Younger people are buying RV's , mainly CamperTrailers, but used Caravans or Motorhomes as well.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
With Hymer in the States and spending a lot of cash on making RV models, I wouldn't be surprised to see some Euro-style motorhomes on this side of the pond, more than just class "B"s.

If Ford makes the T-450 and T-550 Transits as is rumored, I can see those being the base of some pretty nice class "C" units.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see some units on the upcoming Sprinter gasoline engine chassis that is due in 2018-2019.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
I don't care for Euro-styling in motorhomes, looks like doctor's examining rooms, but that's just my opinion. Our first used Class C was a '79 Delta with orange shag carpet, Keebler cottage cabinets and an ornate wooden overhead lighting system with amber stained glass indirect lighting . I prefer styling resembling a log cabin or lake cottage.

theatremusician
Explorer
Explorer
I think the Aussie and Euro RV's are so much nicer than the RV's here in the States. Our RV companies seem to be stuck in the 70's as far as styling goes. If we had better looking rigs, I think RV'ing would be a lot more enticing to a younger crowd.