cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

wireless security system

mredneck
Explorer
Explorer
any one use a wireless security system in their rv? like simplisafe. More for when parked or overnight stays and you're away from the rv then on the road.
2001 C2500 Sub 6.0 w/4:10 and Hypertec programmer- sold
2007 Sprinter 311BHS- totaled
4000W Champion Generator - now a back up
2005 K2500 suburban 6.0 w/4:10 and custom tune
2015 Coachman Leprechaun 320BH V10
6 REPLIES 6

WesternHorizon
Explorer
Explorer
"If your a DIY kinda guy you can purchase a standalone alarm that is GSM (SIM card) capable"

Appreciate your posting this info. I have been looking at this new mobile data approach to alarms for both house and RV. Done my time running wires through the attic so ready to try wireless sensors too.

The most popular system is very difficult to assess because of apparently biased 5-star reviews on the "A" website.

Since there are no reviews of the Zoneway would be interested in any impressions. Thanks.

chast
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi again--yes, you need to update where you want the coverage, but it is as easy as going onto the website and changing the address for coverage.
chartrue2@aol.com

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
chast; when moving from place to place do you need to notify Simplisafe of you new location, or does it automatically pick up your location no matter where?

KRumm
Explorer
Explorer
If your a DIY kinda guy you can purchase a standalone alarm that is GSM (SIM card) capable and and an alarm sim for a little over $100 and have no monthly monitoring fees...

Here is an example setup:
http://www.amazon.com/ZONEWAY-Wireless-Autodial-Burglar-Security/dp/B01871TNHY/ref=sr_1_6?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1448892942&sr=1-6&keywords=Zoneway

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZW19CCY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=GFLGT5XA9J15&coliid=I1S0B32KA5B9DB

chast
Explorer II
Explorer II
PS--we have no connection with the Simplisafe company--just satisfied consumers.
chartrue2@aol.com

chast
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi--YES, we use the Simplisafe system both at home and in the RV. It is a great system and we love it! Wireless, remotely controlled with a website which you can check and make changes while away. Monitoring is $15. per month and they are right on the job. Some of the best money we have ever spent!
chartrue2@aol.com