cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cooking Pot for NuWave?

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking of buying a NuWave Induction Cooktop 1800W I need a large pot for cooking lobster tails,etc, well the minimum of four tails. Will this cooktop handle a large pot and what size do you think I need?
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
9 REPLIES 9

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Our NuWave PIC works great for us on the road. Our gas stove top has never been used.

We also use the NuWave Oven;

Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
dirtyhandz wrote:
Dont really want to hi jack the thread, but maybe this is important to the OP. I have a Max Burton cook top and it works great, love the induction thing. But the area that heats on it is very small. I use cast iron pots and pans mainly but there is always this hot spot in the center. Do the NuWave units have a larger cooking area? I would buy one in a heart beat if they did!

What model Max Burton do you have?
Looks like the OP's interest has a 2-3" diameter hot spot. This can be fine for some types of cooking if you plan to stand over the pot with a spoon.

dirtyhandz
Explorer
Explorer
Dont really want to hi jack the thread, but maybe this is important to the OP. I have a Max Burton cook top and it works great, love the induction thing. But the area that heats on it is very small. I use cast iron pots and pans mainly but there is always this hot spot in the center. Do the NuWave units have a larger cooking area? I would buy one in a heart beat if they did!

Poodle_Power
Explorer
Explorer
I keep a small magnet in my purse so if I see a pan I'm not sure about I can check it.

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the great replies!
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

chast
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi--we use an inexpensive enamelware pot (blue speckle) from Walmart all the time. Because it is think steel, water boils very quickly and the pot is large enough for 8-10 ears of corn at a time. Love induction cooking!
chartrue2@aol.com

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
8 L stainless steel pasta pot with strainer and vented glass top. I use it all the time on precisely the same induction cook top. Good quality stainless steel pot with a thick base for even cooking temperatures. The induction cook top will boil 6 cups of water in less than 2 minutes. Any "ferrous" metal pot will work on an induction cook top. Ergo, not aluminum, ceramic, etc. unless clad in steel. I have seen stainless steel rings that may be used on the induction cook top with non ferrous pots however, I have no idea if or how well this option works.

http://www.kitchenstuffplus.com/paderno-pasta-cooker-set
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Sam's club had an induction cooktop with a set of 3? IIRC pots/pans/etc. fairly reasonably.
bumpy

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Sure, I use a big pot on my cooktop which I think is that size. Just be sure of course that cook pot has the induction symbol on the bottom. Five quarts would be dutch oven size, and mine is taller than a DO.

Finishing a five-week trip and I've used the cook top more often than in the past (now have more RV counter space.)... beats wearing out my fingers trying to get the igniter to work on the propane burners. Plus much better temperature control. They are great for RV use, inside or out. Light weight, easy to wipe clean.