cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CrockPot Cooking

RuthieT
Explorer
Explorer
Is it ok if parked all day at Campground to have a crockpot plugged in with dinner cooking??
13 REPLIES 13

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
JaxDad wrote:
magnusfide wrote:
No reason not: just be sure of the slow cooker's amp usage so that it does not push too many while AC or other appliances are running.

I'm not sure that's much of an issue, even the big slow cookers on high are still only 250 watts, a smaller (3 qt) slow cooker on low is only 70 or 75 watts.

Notice I wrote "not push too many while AC or other appliances are running".

There are situations I have seen where occupants will be running a number of appliances all at once and end up with an overload when plugging in a small usage appliance. The virtual straw that breaks the camel's back.:W
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
magnusfide wrote:
No reason not: just be sure of the slow cooker's amp usage so that it does not push too many while AC or other appliances are running.

I'm not sure that's much of an issue, even the big slow cookers on high are still only 250 watts, a smaller (3 qt) slow cooker on low is only 70 or 75 watts.

Sourdough_Biscu
Explorer
Explorer
Speaking of crock pot cooking while on the road... we found a 12v crock pot at a truck stop. It's a great way to cook if you have a long day on the road. Just pull in and dinner is already cooked!

billkaufmann
Explorer
Explorer
RuthieT wrote:
Is it ok if parked all day at Campground to have a crockpot plugged in with dinner cooking??

Used to do it often. No problem. Now we use the NuWave oven. We really like it.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I do it all the time......lasagna is one of my family's favorites. Also do a curry chicken, chicken pot pie and a chicken casserole.

YUMMY!

Nothing better than being out hiking, boating or whatever all day and come back to dinner ready for us to eat right then
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
RuthieT wrote:

We've done that many times, no worries.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Fliposo
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving a Crockpot cooking outdoors, unsupervised, might result in a ticket.
Retired 2009
Campground Host Shoshone NF '10
Ranger Station Host Roosevelt NF, Red Feather Lakes Summer '11
Interpretive Guide Holswarth Homestead, Rocky Mountain Natl. Park '13,14,15
Snowbirding in Casa Grande since '11
Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta '10

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
I use a small crockpot in my semi. Use inverter. 100 watts. Cook up small roast with potatoes, onions, and carrots. Makes two meals for one. You could do the same in a trailer.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
RuthieT wrote:
We have a fifth wheel toyhauler, so that probably wouldn't work. But If its ok at least when camping multiple days then that would be great.

I have a MH and when parked I just put it outside on a portable little table and plug it in directly to the shore station to the 15 amp outlet.

That way it doesn't trip the GFI when I use something else in the MH.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

RuthieT
Explorer
Explorer
We have a fifth wheel toyhauler, so that probably wouldn't work. But If its ok at least when camping multiple days then that would be great.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Since I'm in a class C I even crock pot while trundling down the road. I simply put the pot in the sink.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Shadow_Catcher
Explorer
Explorer
No reason not to unless you are not plugged in!