cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eating at a picnic table

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
A friend sent this idea to me. Use an empty six pack of beer bottles to carry salt, pepper, mustard and ketchup squeeze bottles, plastic eating utensils, and napkins. Easy to pass and nothing blows around. And you get to empty the bottles first. ๐Ÿ™‚
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.
19 REPLIES 19

Cruzette
Explorer
Explorer
We were at Big Bubba Bad BBQ in Paso Robles, CA (great food) and they had a cardboard condiment holder on the table, by Budweiser no less. It kinda of looked like a six pack holder but was sturdier and a little bigger. It didn't have the bottle dividers, so it wasn't as limited as to what you could carry.

I told the waitress they were pretty cool and wish I had one for my RV. She dug one up and gave it to me. (She got a nice tip too).

Another nice thing to use to carry things from the RV to the picnic table is a sturdy tray. A cookie sheet with a 4 sided lip can also double as a tray too.
It doesn't matter where you go in life.........it's who you have beside you :B

Judy and DH Ray
Boomer & Petie Pie
2004 Country Coach 40' Inspire "Da Vinci"

edm3rd
Explorer
Explorer
rwjejits wrote:
Jim Shoe wrote:
A friend sent this idea to me. Use an empty six pack of beer bottles to carry salt, pepper, mustard and ketchup squeeze bottles, plastic eating utensils, and napkins. Easy to pass and nothing blows around. And you get to empty the bottles first. ๐Ÿ™‚

How does one carry the beer bottles to the table?

An inexpensive choice is to use the container the beer bottles were in when purchased (ie make a second trip).

Better option : transport the bottles in a cooler.

rwjejits
Explorer
Explorer
Jim Shoe wrote:

How does one carry the beer bottles to the table?
2004 Ford F250 6.0
OEM TTYs Still Tight
210+ and Pulls Great
Original Owner- Lawrence Marshall Ford - Hempsted, Tx. (Closed 2009)
SCT, SG2, Deletes, Pyro, Free Flowing Exhaust, Timbrens, ELC & Filter

2011 Keystone Laredo 245RL

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago, Coke made a plastic six Coke carrier for their bottles. I saved two of them and they work just great to hold silver, salt and pepper, covered sugar, etc. I saved two as I thought they would break easily but we are still on the first one. My father made on out of wood.
Probably collectibles now but great to use for eating outside.

SWMO
Explorer
Explorer
As an electrician I have to advise people to turn off the breaker before you plug in the cord. Not doing so burns the blades and the contacts in the outlet and it will eventually catch up with you or someone.
2009 Dodge 3500 Laramie, DRW, 4X4, auto, 6.7L, B & W Companion.
Jayco Designer 34RLQS, Mor/Ryde

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
C.B. wrote:
Here's my homade one.

C.B.

What a luverly labour of love and in Christmas colours no less:C.

Sportsman2505qs
Explorer
Explorer
One restaurant we go to that has dinning outside on the water uses fishing tackle boxes to store everything.
2002 KZ Sportsmen 2505qss bought in 2001 Sold 1999F-150
Itasca Spirit 2014
Manatee Hammock

jjjandrbaker
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Does anybody ever look under the table and bench before sitting down?
I always use a broom to clean out all the spiders, webs, cooties and any other nasty stuff before sticking my legs underneath.

Sometimes it's really nasty under there!

Always! Once, I saw a scorpion eating a spider under one. Plus, wasps and yellow jackets like to make nests there, too. After being attacked by yellow jackets at the electrical box a week ago, I am going to be hyper alert AT ALL TIMES!!!
Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
bobbin nail wrote:
Hey, Everything we are going to use at our picnic goes into a basket and out to the table in one trip. Don't forget the hand sanitizer! Some of the surprises waiting for you under the table top and benches could be scorpions, spiders, or wasp nest. Check 'em out!
BCNU bobbinail

Also open the electrical pedestal slowly. The last time I was stung by a wasp, it was inside.

Lesson Learned the painful way.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Here's my homade one.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
korbe wrote:
I built a camp box that holds all the stuff for the outdoor table. Nice not to have to take things in and out all the time.
DH just made one....I'm so looking forward to using it!

As for looking under the table............OMG, I've never thought of that!!!!!!
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

bobbin_nail
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, Everything we are going to use at our picnic goes into a basket and out to the table in one trip. Don't forget the hand sanitizer! Some of the surprises waiting for you under the table top and benches could be scorpions, spiders, or wasp nest. Check 'em out!
BCNU bobbinail

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the bubble gum is soft might get a few more chews out of it hehe...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Retro fitted a wicker picnic basket and placed all the table utensils and condiments with in it. Gosh! Looks like a "discerning" woman is in da campground house. Never thought to look under the picnic table..........hmmm.