Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fried bacon fat toast.....

Noel
Explorer
Explorer
......Yup, just as described.

After cooking up a mess of bacon, leave the fat in the pan and place your bread slices therein.

Fry golden brown....wait a minute for it to cool down and devour.

Used to do this a lot in my teen and 20's when I was batching it. Still here at 75 with no heart problems.

I do weigh 575 lbs however ๐Ÿ™‚
Noel

2003 National Dolphin LX 6335, W22, 8.1L
24 REPLIES 24

galtgirl
Explorer
Explorer
I love toast with butter and sugar. Taught my grandson that treat much to his mother's dismay. Also introduced him to graham crackers with frosting in the middle. He calls them vanilla sandwiches.
That's what grandparents are for, right??
John and Carol Beckman
USN SKC RET (him) RN (her)
Lola & Ava the French Bulldogs
Sacramento, CA

2015 Heartland Bighorn
2017 Silverado 3500 HD High Country

Cuffs054
Explorer
Explorer
Texas, we were just talking about that! That was our afternoon treat. My partner remembers left over biscuit with syrup. Of course he's a GA boy, so what can you expect?

barbandwayne
Explorer
Explorer
TexasShadow wrote:
did anyone else eat bread and butter sprinkled with sugar as a snack?

I'd forgotten about that! It was usually a cold biscuit left over from breakfast with real homemade butter and sugar. I suppose it was good back then but now it sounds yucky.

prfssr
Explorer
Explorer
coolbreeze01 wrote:
What brand bacon? I'm enjoying Wrights. I wish their sausage was available locally. My hamster weighs more than you :B

Just bought some Wright's for the first time (links). I hope it's good since it was buy one get one free. They had rolled, links and patties.

SWMO
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
TexasShadow wrote:
It wasn't a snack -- it was Lunch!

Lucky! I had to eat all my vegetables to get it.
2009 Dodge 3500 Laramie, DRW, 4X4, auto, 6.7L, B & W Companion.
Jayco Designer 34RLQS, Mor/Ryde

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
TexasShadow wrote:
It wasn't a snack -- it was Lunch!

SWMO
Explorer
Explorer
Noel wrote:
Not this exactly....but does cinnamon toast qualify?

That was a mainstay when I was a kid. When we would whine about having something sweet we would get bread sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and toasted in under the broiler.
I still have it occasionally, I just don't whine now because I can fix it myself.

Noel
Explorer
Explorer
Not this exactly....but does cinnamon toast qualify?
Noel

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

SWMO
Explorer
Explorer
oldtrojan66 wrote:
If this is a thread about stuff we (maybe) shouldn't have eaten when we were kids, I have one. I really looked forward to staying overnight with my fraternal grandparents. Grandpa had a toast concoction each morning he taught me how to build. Toast in a bowl, butter (real, is there any other kind?) cover liberally with white sugar and pour cream (not half and half, real cream from the top of the bottle)over all and eat. Usually had two helpings a piece!

I remember something like that, but I think the topping was milk, but I could be wrong.

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
We have always done this when camping. I put the cast iron griddle over the fire, cook the bacon, then the potatoes, eggs and toast in the bacon grease. Not a new thing, but a good one.
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

oldtrojan66
Explorer
Explorer
If this is a thread about stuff we (maybe) shouldn't have eaten when we were kids, I have one. I really looked forward to staying overnight with my fraternal grandparents. Grandpa had a toast concoction each morning he taught me how to build. Toast in a bowl, butter (real, is there any other kind?) cover liberally with white sugar and pour cream (not half and half, real cream from the top of the bottle)over all and eat. Usually had two helpings a piece!
2007 Jayco Designer 36RLTS
2006 F350 DRW 6.0 PSD (powerstrokehelp.com)
When you're born, everyone is smiling and you're crying. Live so that when you die everyone else is crying and you're smiling!

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow.. sounds good but can't imagine doing that too often.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Noel
Explorer
Explorer
OMG.....I hope you removed every molecule of bacon fat first !!
Noel