cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Holiday snacks & appetizers

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
What do you fix for holiday appetizers or snacks around. Christmas & New Years? Simple please! I hate coming up with ideas for pot luck get togethers...but they are everywhere. Thanks!
24 REPLIES 24

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's another easy 10 minute recipe.

Creamy Texas Toast Points
by Fr. Leo Patalinghug

Ingredients:
1 baguette Italian bread
1 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
ยฝ cup parmesan cheese, grated

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400ยฐF.

Cut Italian baguette into thin 1/8 inch slices and spread out on a baking sheet. Combine mayonnaise, garlic powder, black pepper, parmesan cheese, parsley and oregano in a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Spoon 1 teaspoon of flavored mayonnaise on each slice of bread and spread evenly. Bake in oven for about 5 minutes, or until the mayonnaise bubbles and turns slightly golden brown.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
The past couple of years my wife has served "all appetizers" for Christmas. Cheese platter and crackers, lot of fresh veggies and Hidden Valley dill dip, lot's of fresh berries, assorted pickles, olives including things like pickled dill carrots, pickle baby beets, pickled asparagus, pickle baby corm. The center piece is a large tray of cold boiled shrimp.

The grandkids like it because they can have a little bit of everything they like and most of them like the shrimp ! Of course she make homemade apple and pumpkin pie for dessert !!

3boxerss
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.lemontreedwelling.com/jalapeno-popper-wonton-cups/ My daughter in law makes these and they are easy and yummy.. I dont like stuff real spicy and she takes out the ribs and seeds and they arent spicy.. She also makes meatballs in crockpot.. She buys 2 bags of frozen Italian meat balls , adds 2 jars Heinz chili sauce and 1 small jar of grape jelly.Cook in crockpot till meatballs are warm and unfrozen.. Those get ate fast everywhere she takes them..
2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Gotta love the selection of prepared appetizers at Costco/Sam's in the frozen food section. This year I'm going to try the chile chicken bites and the mac & cheese bites. I'll probably also do some crock pot meatballs and good old chips and dip. Can't go wrong with deviled eggs, spinach dip or peppermint jelly over cream cheese with crackers.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sometimes old school is best. Herself makes homemade pimento cheese spread then puts it in a bowl with a butter knife to spread on toast points or fancy crackers or small pitas. Takes 10 minutes and there's never any left.

2 c shredded cheddar cheese (sharp cheddar gives it a good flavor)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c mayo (Hellman's or Duke's not the sweet spreads like Miracle Whip)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
4 oz jar diced pimentos, drained

INSTRUCTIONS
Mix the cheddar cheese and cream cheese together thoroughly.
Add the garlic powder, paprika, onion powder to the mayo. Stir everything together.
Mix in the pimentos.
Mix into the cheeses until incorporated.
Refrigerate for at least 10-15 minutes before serving. better if made the day before.

Or you could pick some up from a good deli. :w
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Stuffed Jalapeรฑos!

Ingredients: 1 lb ground Italian sausage (HOT if ya like! ) 22 jalapeรฑos 1- 8 oz block cream cheese, softened 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese Directions: Preheat over 425. Cook sausage until browned. Set aside. Mix cream cheese with Parmesan cheese. Add cooked sausage and mix well. Rinse jalapeรฑos. Cut each jalapeรฑo lengthwise and remove seeds. Stuff jalapeรฑos with sausage mixture. Cook for 20 minutes until tops are golden brown (cook on a large baking pan).
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Fried farts and onions.
Dennis Hoppert

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good idea.
smoked salmon
shrimp
homemade beans
ceviche
little fish tacos
artichoke dip

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Chitos
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Green onions wrapped with ham and cream cheese is a favorite of mine.

Hmm, these are more side dishes...

This one is simple to make and makes a good side dish
Easy Corn Pudding

A simple apple salad made with a mix of peeled and chopped tart and sweet apples, raisins, crushed walnuts and mayonnaise is an easy dish to pass.

Fresh not canned green beans and bacon was a hit at my last thanksgiving gathering. Boil up a pound or so of fresh green beans with the ends trimmed, seven to eight minutes, don't want them cooked too much. Fry up about 1/2 lb of thick cut bacon (from the deli counter, not prepackaged). Leave the grease in the pan, remove bacon and chop. Drain green beans and stir fry for a minute or two in the hot bacon grease, add chopped bacon, coarse salt and pepper to taste.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed