cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sourdough starter "storage" for 31/2 weeks...DUPLICATE POST

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading out on a 3 1/2 week trip and I was wondering what to do with my starter. I keep it in the fridge and may bread every week and a half. By that time it tends to crust up. I can only imagine the crust after almost a month... I store it in the King Arthur plastic Sourdough bowls, covered but not sealed...
What should I do?
Thank you...
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY
2 REPLIES 2

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Why a duplicate post? Something wrong with the other one?
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

agteacher
Explorer
Explorer
You should be able to freeze it. Don't feed it during that time. When you make bread next time, just put the one that you would feed and restart into the freezer instead. When you take it out of the freezer, treat it as you would normally and start feeding it. Just let it come to room temperature before you feed it. It should be fine.

I have also seen some people just start from scratch every time they want to make sour dough bread. Starter is actually very easy to create - just takes time.
camping buddies - my husband,:R
American Eskimo - Baby
07 Lance 915
2015 Ram 3500 Lonestar Edition
01 International 4700 - SOLD
99 Dodge 3500 Quad Long Bed,Cummins,Rhino Liner
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD
48 Ford 8N was a rustbucket
52 Ford 8N w/ Sherman 54B HydroHoe