cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WAlmarts with wine?

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Hubby is looking for cheap wine...Oakleaf is what he likes and its cheap and we got it at walmart in florida (not all walmarts).

Looking at the following states...any idea which ones may have it...short of calling each one? Along route 80...Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Indiana, Colorado (okay not route 80 there). Utah? Arizona?
64 REPLIES 64

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Stop in the Iowa Amana Colonies in eastern IA, for some great wines that they produce in the colonies, very good! And just off I-80.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks...will add that to the list.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
If he needs more when you get to Az, Total Wine has almost every brand.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
bcsdguy wrote:
Wally wine! Hah.
ROTFLOL!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

mikensallyt
Explorer
Explorer
Gee and hmmm! .... I seldom go into our WMarts .... I'm going to have to check them out and see if they even carry wine in our locale. Beer yes they sell.
Retired USN 1996, RMCS(SW/AW)
Traveling solo in my 2015 Thor Challenger since my wife of 25 years went solo to the Lord
Seems like every trip out there's a warranty repair on it afterwards
F/T in two years from now. Last child to graduate first.

GrumpyGator
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
Tennessee has not allowed wine to be sold in grocery stores, but they voted on it last year and it passed. Now, only certain ones can sell it and the # in each county is limited.

Makes no sense to me, but that is the way it is.

Virginia sells wine at most grocery stores, but they must be licensed (state gets their cut). Our Walmart does have Oakleaf.

Tennessee voted on it last November. It passed, but no grocery stores can sell it until July 2016, and then only if the referendum passed in your county. If it didn't pass, no wine sales in grocery stores for that county.

Until last July (2-14) liquor stores could sell wine, but not corkscrews. Booze, but not Coke, or ice.

Yeah, it's messed up. I live in a dry county. Have to go to the next county to by liquor. Restaurants in my county cannot sell liquor, beer, or wine by the drink. They wonder why folks can't make money with a restaurant, while nearby towns do great.

Hey, we do have great moonshine... ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
dcason wrote:
I read those reviews:B

Is it really called two buck chuck???

2 Buck (or 3 depending on locale) Chuck is from TJ's. That I learned before Trader Joe's ever opened a store in NYC, thanks to cyber acquaintances. What their first one was wayyyyyy on the east side of 14th Street which wasn't convenient for West Siders even if they shopped at the first farmers' market @ Union Sq.

Now one is located on the Upper West Side and I can wander in from time to time.
Still no idea if they sell wine though.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
The real name is "Charles Shaw" (as donn said) but it used to sell for $1.99 a bottle so it gained the nickname "Two Buck Chuck". ๐Ÿ™‚
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
I read those reviews:B

Is it really called two buck chuck???

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
NYCgrrl wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
bcsdguy wrote:
Wally wine! Hah.

For those to whom the thought of Walmart wine is funny. They have done blind tastings with supposed wine experts tasting wines from the $3 Oakleaf to various wines up to the $30 range and the Oakleaf came out at or near the top. A blow to the wine snobs I am sure.

I know nothing about wines sold at Walmart and merely laugh at the People of WM websites but if you've a link to the tasting I'd love to see it just to keep my knowledge level up:).

Trying to find links to the stories. Was a popular media subject a few years ago when Walmart wine was "discovered".

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you get to the far west bensure to stop at Trader Joes for a supply of two buck chuck. Actually Charles Shaw is now three dollars a bottle.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
:B
It's his Super Power!

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:
I have no idea what that means....AND IT'S STILL FUNNY!
I think you have been hitting the wine box.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
Why not just buy enough at the start to get you through to the end?

Probably not enough CCC? :W

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Cool. Traffic in that area can be a bit of a cluster (along 53rd Street) with construction, but parking at WM shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers!
It's his Super Power!