cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weight Watcher Recipes

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Let's get a new thread with Weight Watcher recipes only. Be sure to list points/and or calories so we can all keep track. I'll start off with this one.

Baked Coconut Shrimp

1 1/2 pounds Shrimp - Extra large, defrosted, shelled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
salt - dash
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lime juice - fresh squeezed
1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 425ยฐ F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper & salt. In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approx. 30-45 seconds
Add lime juice to honey and stir. Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or flat dish.
Take each shrimp and first dip into cornstarch mixture, then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
Place on the baking sheet and lightly spray with butter pam. Bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 230 Calories; 10g Fat (42.3% calories from fat); trace Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

WW Points: 3 servings at 5-P each OR 2 servings at 7-p EACH

I fix a sugar free peach jam with a liberal amount of grated horseradish to use as a dipping sauce. nAdd points accordingly.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.
291 REPLIES 291

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't used Stevia but am a confirmed Splenda fan. I don't even have real sugar in the house or motor home. I even use the Splenda brown sugar.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

Dave_s_Wife
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any recipes that they use Stevia in? Looking to minimze sugar intake?

Thanks,

Sheila aka....
Dave's Wife
2003 29 ft. Holiday Rambler Alumascape 5th wheel
'03 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
Dave & Me

jima102250
Explorer
Explorer
Ten Can Chili

Okays heres a old standby that many people use because it is quick to fix and is not difficult to make. Basically you are using can beans and tomatoes with any taco seasoning and meat and onion and you simmer this to heat it up.

4 reg. cans of chopped tomatoes, we use the fire roasted with garlic.
2 reg. cans corn, drained.
4 cans beans, drained, mix them up, say use, one 0f each, kidney, pinto, black, navy etc. but drain them.

1 taco seasoning package
one onion chopped
1 pound ground meat, browned, then add onion,

Add beans and tomatoes, taco seasoning to the meat/onion and simmer till warm.

It's not fancy but at a campsite it feeds a few people.

1 1/2 cups are two points.

We just make it this week on our trip camping. It also freezes good for reheat the next week.

Jim

Wind1957
Explorer
Explorer
I have gotten some great recipes. Please keep them coming.

luvstorv
Explorer
Explorer
We like this recipe a lot. ๐Ÿ˜‰

GUILT-FREE CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
(Weight Watchers)

1 tsp. olive oil
2 medium onions, diced
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 tsp. mild chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
Pinch cinnamon
2 cups canned crushed tomatoes (no salt variety)
Six 6" corn tortillas, cut into 1" strips
4 oz. skinless boneless cooked chicken breasts, shredded
3 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 375ยบ F. Spray 8 "square baking pan with Pam.

In large nonstick skillet, heat oil; add onions and peppers. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 6-7 minutes, until onions are lightly browned. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cinnamon; cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer about 20 minutes until thickened.

Spread one-third of the tomato mixture evenly in prepared pan. Top evenly with half of the tortilla strips and chicken; spread evenly with half of the remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle evenly with 1-1/2 oz. of the cheese; top cheese with remaining tortilla strips. Spread evenly with remaining tomato mixture; sprinkle remaining cheese on top.

Bake 30 minutes, until lightly browned.

Serves 4

5 WW points per serving
James & Judy
Full-timing since Aug. 2009.
2012 Cardinal 3625RT Fifth Wheel 39 ft.
2008 Ford F-350 Lariat Super Duty V8 Power Stroke

luvstorv
Explorer
Explorer
This is a good WW recipe.

Tamale Pie
(WW recipe)

The amount of chili powder you use depends on how spicy you like your food.

1 medium green pepper, seeded and diced
2 ounces onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
12 ounces cooked lean ground beef, crumbled, or cooked chicken, julienned
1 cup tomato sauce, no sugar added
1 teaspoon chili powder or to taste
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided (1/4) & (1/2)
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon cumin
Pepper to taste
2 ounces dry enriched yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup cold water
1 cup boiling water

Cook green pepper, onion, and garlic in large nonstick skillet until browned. Add beef or chicken and tomato sauce; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, oregano, cumin and pepper. Set aside.

In a small saucepan combine cornmeal, cold water, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Gradually add boiling water and cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Spread half the cornmeal mixture in an 8X8-inch baking pan. Top with tomato sauce mixture and spread with remaining cornmeal.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Divide evenly.

Makes 2 servings

Sorry I don't have the points on this one.
James & Judy

luvstorv
Explorer
Explorer
I'm always looking for WW recipes...thank you for bumping this!
James & Judy

Wind1957
Explorer
Explorer
Bump. Just joined WW.

pasco1215
Explorer
Explorer
Lynne Schaf wrote:
Hello from Florida. I just started back on WW after 3 years. Lost 45 pounds the 1st time and gained 20 back. Just doing the authorized user deal online so can't really track activity points but I have most of my WW booklets from before. Do any of you go on the boards in WW site? I tried to find out if there were any RVer's on WW that go and post to the boards but couldn't find any.

Have a great day!
Lynne:B

Hi Lynne,
Been a WWer since 6/09. Still going - have 20# to goal. Like you - I tried to work the WWer boards to find other RVers. Very confusing to use. Let keep this thread going.
HAPPY RVing! :W
2007 TIFFIN ALLEGRO BUS "R RV"
2004 Saturn SUV "R VUE"
Our Co-Pilot "PASCO" the pearl white schnauzer

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
I tried this recipe for lunch last week and DH liked them:

Rush Hour Tuna Melts
5.5 points per serving

1 6 oz. can water-packed solid whit tuna---drained and flaked(I think the can is 5 oz. now)
3/4 cup diced celery
2 T. finely chopped onion
1/2 t. lemon zest
1/3 cup fat-free mayo or salad dressing
4 whole wheat English muffins (split and toasted)
8 slices tomato 4 oz. shredded Cheddar of Monterey Jack cheese

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, celery, onion, lemon zest and mayo, mix well. (may want to add a little garlic salt and pepper). Spread about 3 tablespoons tuna mixture on each muffin half. Top each with a tomato slice and sprinkle with cheese. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwiches are thoroughly heated. 8 sandwiches, 4 servings.

A Fish Called Wanda From Seattle

4 cod filets (7-8 oz. each) can also use halibut or orange roughy
8 oz. dry white wine
1 t. salt
3 slices sourdough bread--to equal 1 cup of breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
1 cup fat- free mayo
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1/2 cup red onion---very finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh dill-- chopped or 1 1/2 tsp dry dill weed, plus a little more for sprinkling.

Marinate fillets in wine mixed with salt for 15-20 minutes. Drain and coat each filet with bread crumbs. Mix mayo, sour cream, onion, and dill together and set aside. Put 1-2 oz. wine with 1-2 oz. water in bottom of baking dish. Put filets in baking dish and spread with mayo/sour cream mixture like frosting. Sprinkle with a little dill. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min. When done, fish should flake when checked with a fork.

7 pts. per serving

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
I saw that someone asked about these recipes so I thought we might bump this thread back into the mix. Anyone have some to add?

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
We are beginning a new phase in our RV'ing life. We sought, were offered, and accepted a work camper assignment. We arrived at our job site two days ago and will spend the next 4 months in a small town in Colorado with limited gastronomical opportunities other than the ones we create ourselves (read: there are very few places to eat out here!)At the same time we notice as the winter draws to a close the extra winter weight lingers and we have some excess poundage to shed. I thought it would be a great time to resurrect the weight watcher/low calorie thread. As I have read back through here there are some great recipes that I found had gotten lost in my repertoire. Perhaps some of you have the same problem. Let's look at some of the old stuff and see if anyone has some new offerings for us.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I don't have the counts for this dish. I can't even remember where the recipe came from but I just got around to trying it yesterday. I will try to run the counts later and re-post or update.

Simple Shrimp Glaze

Sometimes less is more. Less shopping, less prep, fewer dishes to wash and ingredients to rememberโ€ฆthe simplest recipes become our standbys.

Pantry Checklist:

* Shrimp (1 ยฝ lbs., peeled and deveined) (approx. 400 cal)
* Garlic cloves (2, minced)
* Honey (2 tablespoons) (60 calories each)
* Lemon juice (ยผ cup)
* Dijon mustard (3 tablespoons)

Preparation: Combine all ingredients except shrimp, and stir with a whisk. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Brush one side of shrimp with glaze. Grill for one to two minutes. Turn shrimp, brush with glaze, and cook two minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Serves four.

I didn't use the skewers and I cooked mine in a grill pan and it worked great. I served this with a green salad and a pasta (whole grain spaghetti)with scallions, broccoli, and yellow squash lightly sauteed in a sprayed skillet then mixed into the cooked pasta using some of the pasta water as a sauce. Before serving I sprayed the pasta with EVOO from my handy dandy spray bottle! Yum!

The entire meal comes out to be about 400 calories if I am not fooling myself. Not bad IMHO.

skrams
Explorer
Explorer
Bumping as I just started WW.
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B (Ford Chassis) Bunkhouse
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT (5-speed manual)
SMI Stay-In-Play & Blue-Ox Aventa LX

Lynne_Schaf
Explorer
Explorer
Hello from Florida. I just started back on WW after 3 years. Lost 45 pounds the 1st time and gained 20 back. Just doing the authorized user deal online so can't really track activity points but I have most of my WW booklets from before. Do any of you go on the boards in WW site? I tried to find out if there were any RVer's on WW that go and post to the boards but couldn't find any.

Have a great day!
Lynne:B