cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

App for finding diesel

hobbssb
Explorer
Explorer
In case you're not already familiar wiht it, MapQuest has a free app for finding cheap gas prices that lets you specify the type of fuel you want, i.e. diesel. If you'd like to download it, search for "MapQuest gas prices" in the app store.

After it is downloaded, tap on the gas pump icon on the right lower corner. Then scroll to the desired fuel type. This will limit the search to only your desired type of fuel, instead of listing all the generic gas stations in your nearby vicinity.

I can't vouch for its accuracy in other locations, but near our home it was accurate in listing available diesel sources and omitting the stations that don't have it.
10 REPLIES 10

SCClockDr
Explorer
Explorer
Dรฉzl 760 w/ Garmin Smartphone Link and Gas Buddy
George & Cathy
08 Titanium 28E33SA, XM, Honda EU 3000is, Trimetric, RotoChocks, LP Reg. Mod, 2 Gal Accum., WiFiRanger GO2/Mobile
04 Ram 3500 5.9 DRW, PAC PRXB E/B, 4" MBRP SS Exhaust, Gauges, Aux Tank/box, BrakeSmart.
ETCS (ss) USN Ret

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Gas Buddy

docj
Explorer
Explorer
If you're serious about finding diesel and are looking for stations with truck pumps (not necessarily truck stops), the best app we have found is DAT Trucker Services. It costs a couple of $$ but it has found us truck fueling capability even in rural areas.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

ng2951
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't used Gas Buddy. YP is free app on droids, and it works quite well.

One thing I like about YP is that I can put the location of the station into Google and use street view to see if the pumps are easily accessible...
Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
with Chloe, Belle, & Danke
2017 GD Imagine 2800BH
2017 53 days camping
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic 4x4 LBZ Duramax Diesel
Honda 2000sThe Bayou Bounty Hunters Cowboy Club
The Single Action Shooting Society

hobbssb
Explorer
Explorer
Gas Buddy frequently has more up-to-date prices than MapQuest. Map Quest is good if you like audio directions in addition to print.

MrWizard
gas buddy
was great on our big trip last yr
letting me find the cheapest diesel down the road in front of us
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
Gas buddy is a great app and we use it a lot, but it doesn't always mean that the stations are accessible with the RV in tow. So we also use Fuel Book 3.0 (free android app) to locate truck stops. You can select by state and even by interstate if that is where you are traveling. It isn't fool proof but is pretty good.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gas buddy! Gas or diesel. Use it every time I need gas/fuel. Should I buy now or at the next stop. Priceless!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

DJF
Explorer
Explorer
Make that two votes for Gas Buddy its amazing!

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gas Buddy does the same thing and is extremely good.