Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AT&T/Direct TV is Now Losing Over 8500 Customers Per Day

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
2.3 million in the last year..

Also they are now going to offer streaming boxes and might dump the satellite dishes/equipment and forcing new customers to go streaming with AT&T.

The cost to pay the installers and the satellite equipment is becoming to costly.

https://youtu.be/vbGEXTrxXFc

Bye Bye Sat TV..... 18 Months and Counting... :B
50 REPLIES 50

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
Truth in advertising provides that my experience with RV travel streaming is that it should be called โ€œdribbling.โ€

mt1729
Explorer
Explorer
To much bull and not enough heifers.
Moose

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Extreme use cases keep getting citied as reasons that will save GEO satellite service.

That's a total LOL.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
I seem to recall, back in the early 90's when DBS was in its infancy, and many people had money invested in the large C-band systems - people were saying that the DBS systems would never take hold. After all: who would want to pay for packages of channels when you can get alacarte packages on C-band? Both existed in parallel for years, but has anybody even seen a recent C-band system?

DBS will be around for a while - streaming may work well in urban areas where you have a strong cell signal, or reliable wired broadband systems, but get out in the world, away from your home and there are places where you don't even have a 3G cell signal and streaming simply does not work! We recently stayed at a resort in Point Arena, Ca and there was NO cell coverage at all - we had to drive a few miles into town to get a cell signal, How does Roku work in that case?
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
I can't for the life of me understand why anyone continues to engage this guy. If we totally ignore him, in a short period of time he will go elsewhere. Chuck

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's mostly just one guy on a personal journey to put forth the nonsensical idea that satellite TV is going away and you should not waste money on the equipment. He has made himself into nothing more than a troll who pops up now and then and wastes our time and valuable server space.
SNORE!
Maybe he works for ROKU and this is just his way of getting info posted about the service. At least that would make some of his posts make sense!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
This thread is halarious.

Those claiming satellite done in a year LOL vs the equally absurd assumption business like usual will continue for decades LOL.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
What is everyone else buying brand wise for whale oil? Days are getting short need to fill the lamps up.
Here on Nantucket we still hunt our own :B

Back to sat TV... I just had AT&T install another TV in our stick house yesterday. I use their cell network for Internet and Directv. Itโ€™s a 100 bucks a month cheaper than Comcast and besides, I hate Comcast. We do not have OTA where we live and I imagine there are many across the country in the same boat.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nobody is saying things wonโ€™t change. But the People screaming FIRE We have only MONTHS until satellite tv is gone and your GAS car is crushed are not living with reality. I drive a Volt .. so Iโ€™m up on electric. nice car but will all gas be gone in 5 years? You all need to put down the bong. BTW Whale oil didnโ€™t disappear overnight either. It took Decades. Things move fast these days but the Govt canโ€™t even fix the street in a timely manor. And you think entire industries and the general public can change that quick ? You better hope not or millions will be starving. Can you imagine the cost to change that quickly ! Trillions !
Bill

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
What is everyone else buying brand wise for whale oil? Days are getting short need to fill the lamps up.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's pretty clear that the US is not even CLOSE to being able to replace ICE with electric. The infrastructure is far outdated and too many areas have nothing more than the minimum amount of electric distribution to make an expansion to all electric impossible by today's standards and hard to comprehend how it would be expanded. CA has major brown-outs and black-outs when it gets too hot. What would happen if they also have to charge all of those cars? ICE will go the way of the DooDoo bird but more than likely that will be 50-100 years from now. You know....the same as satellite TV! Tee Hee!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
The writing is on the wall for those willing to read it:
Renewable Energy Outpaces Coal For First Time in the U.S.
The end is near for coal and soon after other forms of fossil fuel.
If I was making my living off mining coal, I'd encourage my son to learn how to install/maintain some sort of renewable energy source.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Just because it's there doesn't mean it's a good idea to burn it.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
They are. Fossil fuel is done.
Yet worldwide oil production and natural gas production is at all time highs. Even the consumption of coal has only leveled off at the all time highs. Like Mark Twain is famously misquoted as saying: "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"