cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carryout second receiver setup?

davidaf
Explorer
Explorer
Now that my Dish Network HD issue is resolved I'd like some input on my other issue.

I have a carryout connect to the LR receiver which now works perfect. The second receiver is connected to the BR Receiver. Obviously when the LR receiver switches birds the BR receiver can only receive channels on that same bird. How do i setup the second receiver to know about all three satellites? If I do a check switch while the LR box is tuned to a channel on 119 the BR only knows about 119. Then when you change the LR, master, to a channel on 129 the BR, second box, knows nothing about 129 only 119 so you get a no signal and need to run a check switch again.

Thanks,
Dave.
2016 - Heartland Landmark Newport
2006 - Lance 1181
2005 - Fleetwood Prowler AX6 365BSQS - San Felipe Mexico Getaway!
2016 - Ram 3500 DRW
3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
It will be fine once you get it done. As long as you don't try to run the check switch again after you have a successful SW64, it will remain in that state.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

davidaf
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Bill, I assumed that's what I'd need to do but wasn't sure if the BR receiver would freak out at some point later.

I'll do that this evening.
2016 - Heartland Landmark Newport
2006 - Lance 1181
2005 - Fleetwood Prowler AX6 365BSQS - San Felipe Mexico Getaway!
2016 - Ram 3500 DRW

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You must connect the BR receive to the coax where the LR receiver is located. Once connected you must follow the correct procedure for doing a Check Switch routine. Starting with the power to the antenna off and then powering on after everything is hooked up do the entire setup. Once that is complete and you have a successful SW64 (or 42 if not an HD receiver) you can move it back to the BR and you will be able to watch any channel broadcast from the same satellite that is being viewed in the LR. You will never be able to watch 2 channels from different satellites at the same time.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?