cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Direct TV satellite elevation and azimuth settings.

3159watson
Explorer
Explorer
I've always used http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/customer/dishPointer.jsp to set the elevation and azimuth settings on my dish while traveling. All I needed was the zip code. This site no longer works. After 2 hours on the phone and internet with Direct I have no where else to turn to find these numbers. Can anyone be of any help?

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
21 REPLIES 21

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
As other have said - just use dishpointer.com

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
3159watson wrote:
After 2 hours on the phone and internet with Direct I have no where else to turn to find these numbers. Can anyone be of any help?
There is no way you could be talking to Directv and they not tell you your numbers are right there in the receiver, using zip code or coordinates.

"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
I use Dishpointer to get the sat settings for our DirecTV. Just select your type of dish and satellite needed and location and it will take you to the map and give you the settings. Just remember to use the Magnetic AZ not True AZ.

I tried to find the Winegard app on Google Play but couldn't locate it? A million others but no Winegard. I wonder if Winegard took it off??
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
See this Winegard App for your cell phone. It works for all Sats and OTA.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

PamfromVA
Explorer
Explorer
If you put in your location and select the correct dish setup, this website will have the elevation and azimuth required: https://www.dishpointer.com/
2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2017 Dodge Ram 3500
One DH
two very spoiled camping dogs

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I havenโ€™t had DTV for awhile but it used to be in the box. Go to menu, installation or setup, find the right screen, enter zip and you get the info.

Which receiver do you have?
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.