2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate
102 REPLIES 102

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Dancing Network Station?
Distant Network Service. NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox over air stations from New York City and/or Los Angeles from any locations where you can get satellite reception.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
We've had DirecTV service with DNS for over 15 years. My DNS service is grandfathered at BOTH coasts. I just spent about an hour on the phone with Dish and when I get a few other bits of info together (Getting my RF MOGUL antenna changed over) I'll be switching over. DirecTV has done it for me. The last straw.

I have an RV with 2 TV's and a stix 'n brix with 2 TV's I'll be changing over. Two DirecTV receivers and no recorder right now, but am considering adding a recorder. Can any "old" (experienced, not age, LOL) hands with Dish give me some suggestions as to what I should be looking for? We don't use the RV and home at the same time, so it looks like just switching the necessary boxes back and forth would be the best way to go. Any insights from the "old hands" would be appreciated.
Pigman & Piglady
Street Atlas USA Plus

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does STARLINK have anything to do with this... Maybe just wait until then come on board... Of course who knows what they will be charging for their service... 40,000 SATS in space probably doesn't come too cheap...

Since everything is so political now about the only thing I get to watch anymore in the WX CHANNEL

Roy Ken
King George VA
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's all about the money...again.

Explorer II
Explorer II
navigator2346 wrote:
If I loose Fox, Direct can KMA
My first wife was a loose fox
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I switched my service address to Los Angeles a couple years ago. I get those stations everywhere sans DNS. I don't know if that's going away.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Despite the words in the DirecTV postcard, has anyone using DISH received a similar notice? Since AT&T took over DirecTV, I believe very little that comes out of them, until I confirm it by at least 3 other INDEPENDENT sources.
Pigman & Piglady
Street Atlas USA Plus

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
I got the same email this morning from AT&T. I have been on the fence for a while about Directv but kept it going because we already paid for the Winegard traveler roof mounted sat dish and I felt like in for a penny in for a pound. If they don't come up with an online way to let me switch my locals as I travel, then we will be dropping them. It will cost us around $300 for the parts to switch the sat dish to DISH. Not sure if we will do that or not.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
Unless they can provide an easy way to switch my locals as I travel I will probably drop them.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
If I loose Fox, Direct can KMA

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Important information

Dear JimR,

Regrettably, we must inform you of a new law that affects your programming. Until recently, the Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act Reauthorization (STELAR) Act authorized DIRECTV to provide you access to your out-of-market broadcast networksโ€”ABC, CBS, NBC, CW, and/or FOX. Unfortunately, Congress has decided to not renew key provisions of this law. As a result, on June 1, 2020, we no longer will be able to provide you access to these out-of-market channels. These are not available anywhere else. However, this change does not affect access to your existing local network stations.

If youโ€™re paying for these channels, youโ€™ll receive a credit within 1-2 billing cycles for this programming change.

If you have any questions, please call us at 866.595.9429.

Thank you for choosing DIRECTV.

As it states my local programing will not be affected but it is as I do not get locals in the RV.

I too have had the Distant Network Service for a longtime.

Maybe Dish will work for a while a lot of things are changing

JimR

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
I've had DNS for 20 years. I received both E & W. $20 a month. Worked well and my wife and I will miss it.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dancing Network Station?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad