cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish 211 and Tailgator... watch 2 tv's same channel?

rvgrammady
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if I can or how I can hook up my system
to watch the same channel on 2nd tv. since it's only me, I'd
like to go from living room to bedroom and watch my dish.

so.. can I connect the cable from Tailgater to
jack located outside for cable in and then from inside rv to the
211 then out to a manual switch box (currently what I use)
the switch box has.. ant ... cable & ...vcr in's and tv1 out tv2 out's. Blue ray DVD is connected to vcr in. the cable from the inside
box is connected to cable.. nothing is connected to ant. I then believe the over the air and campground cable are connected to sometype of splitter somewhere between the outside hookup and the
output which is in the wall of the DVD cabinet. Also I have an
amplifier with a switch on the wall next to the output in the cabinet.
I noticed I have to turn off so I don't get fuzz if I'm hooked up
to cable.

Was told if there was an "in-line" splitter the dish 211 wouldn't
be able to power the tailgater? So that would mean I'd have to
run an independant cable to tailgater.. right?

should I just connect the tailgater via cable to a "flat
wire" cable (understand I can get this at Radio Shack.. it's round
coax on both ends and flat about 12" long)to come thru the window and to the 211? then to
the switch box connecting to cable-in on switch box?

Would I then have to disco 211 & connect cable that runs thru
RV from campground cable hookup to use
campground cable.. there must be a work-around.. can campground
cable go in to Blue Ray Sony...?

I know people do this but I'm not good at this stuff and need a bit
more understanding/suggestions ... HELP...

Thanks, Dy
1997 Allegro Bay 35' Chevy
1998 Saturn SW2 Wagon, Automatic
Blue Ox Aventa II, Patriot Brake

"We'll be friends until I'm old and senile, then we'll be new friends."
7 REPLIES 7

greende
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Winegard wrote:
No worries about connections, just split the Out to TV connection from the receiver to as many TV's as you like. You can't use a splitter between the antenna and the receiver but you can split the signal leaving the receiver to the TV's as many times as you like.

Correct
2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

USAF 1968 - 1972 Viet Nam '71 - '72

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Even older TVs often had component input connections. If yours does use those on the primary TV and the sat box coax output to the other TV.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No worries about connections, just split the Out to TV connection from the receiver to as many TV's as you like. You can't use a splitter between the antenna and the receiver but you can split the signal leaving the receiver to the TV's as many times as you like.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure that I follow everything, but here's what I do know. I was not able to operate Tailgater through my switch box. To make Tailgater work, I unplugged the "cable in" coax from the switch box and connected "cable in" to the 211k input. Then I ran the 211k output directly into my main tv. My blue-ray player is also connected directly to the tv.

So the switch box is now not used for anything. To switch between Tailgater and blue-ray, I just change the "input" with the tv remote. I also have a VCR, which plugs into yet another tv input. That arrangement works for me.

I don't have bedroom tv, so that's all I did. I don't know whether I could have connected 211k coax output to one of the switch box's inputs in order to send signal to bedroom.

But the 211k has several outputs: HDTV, component output, coax. Maybe you could connect bedroom tv coax to 211k coax output, and use component or HDTV output for main tv.

CaptJeff1731
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about your tailgater but I use the vueqube 2000. Here is what I have learned. It is great and mine you can put two boxes on the unit but can only watch the same channel on both tv's. this is due to the design of the dish. Mine has a separate power cord as well..

I had mine hooked up to the main sat connection with one cable and had a box in the bed room and living room. One box had to be off or on the same channel as the other

Hope this helps.

rvgrammady
Explorer
Explorer
I curently have the origional tv's so both are coax.

I am thinking about getting LCD Tv's (next project before next year's trip to Quartzsite), would the one in the back
bedroom TV2 also have a coax hook-up or do these new flat screens only
do that HDMI connection?

Oh.. if not, I'd have to have HDMI cable run to the bedroom TV. Then
I'd really have a problem. 211 only has one HDMI output.

i know don't watch TV in bed. but I like to in the morning and
if I wake up in middle of the night.
1997 Allegro Bay 35' Chevy
1998 Saturn SW2 Wagon, Automatic
Blue Ox Aventa II, Patriot Brake

"We'll be friends until I'm old and senile, then we'll be new friends."

copeland343
Explorer
Explorer
HDMI cable to the TV by the sat.box then run coax to second TV from the sat.box.