cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Garmin RV770 and propane restricted tunnels

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
Garmin is claiming on social media that the RV770 now lists propane settings in the RV characteristics and routes around propane restricted tunnels.

In fact they claim this was added to the older RV660 in firmware 3.30.

Not handling propane restricted tunnels was one of the criticisms that I've always read about Garmin's RV devices. If they fixed this, that's a good deal.

Can anyone with an updated 660 confirm this feature in the 3.30 firmware update?
2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen
6 REPLIES 6

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, here are the links for "change history" for Garmin version updates specific to GPS mentioned in this thread:

RV 660 - Updates & Downloads - Camper/RV 660

RV 770 - Updates & Downloads - RV/Camper 770
I love me some land yachting

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
jeffcarp wrote:
Garmin is claiming on social media that the RV770 now lists propane settings in the RV characteristics and routes around propane restricted tunnels.

In fact they claim this was added to the older RV660 in firmware 3.30.

Not handling propane restricted tunnels was one of the criticisms that I've always read about Garmin's RV devices. If they fixed this, that's a good deal.

Can anyone with an updated 660 confirm this feature in the 3.30 firmware update?

I can confirm that my Garmin RV 660LMT running software version 3.90 does now have a setting for RV Propane Tanks. Appears it was added in version 3.30 just like you say.

EDIT: Under Audible Cautions and Advisories there is also now an option for audible alert setting for "Shut Off Propane"
I love me some land yachting

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
n7bsn wrote:
I'm running firmware 3.05 (software 5.4) I could find no separate firmware update and per Garmin Express the GPS is "up to date"

My 760 shows this same information and I just updated it about 2 weeks ago. And it informs me when there are propane restrictions.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
My apologies. In checking with Garmin again, firmware 3.30 has only been updated for the 660, not the 760. So only owners of the 660 will be able to tell us if this feature was indeed added and if so, how it works.
2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
My RV760 is at the 3.10 firmware version and I can't find any reference in the Garmin updaters or on their web site on how to update to version 3.30. The updaters (both Garmin Express and web updater) say my GPS has the latest software version and don't give me an option to just update the firmware. Sorry.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
I'm running firmware 3.05 (software 5.4) I could find no separate firmware update and per Garmin Express the GPS is "up to date"
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.