cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Dish Pay-As-You -Go episode

jimandlaurie
Explorer
Explorer
We went through Dishformyrv to set up our Pay-As-You-Go plan.

Sure, there is no Restart Fee. But found out according to the 1-800-333-7474 people, you can only stop service for 6 months at a time and only once in a 12 month period. Also while "on vacation" you are charged $5.00 per month. What's up with that? How is my account on vacation. I only use it when I am on vacation!! Anyone else gone through this?

If this is the deal, Dishformyrv needs to state this gimmick on their site or a link to the "details".

Right now I am just a bit p.o.'ed , and ranting , so hope there is a work around on this.
2013 Chevy 3500HD Duramax
Nomad 25 Lite
25 C-Dory Cruiser
2 Shiba Inu travel dogs
22 REPLIES 22

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
greende wrote:

Bill,
With all due respect I have a Pay-As-You-Go plan originally done through the Dish-For-My-Rv.com. I got it early in the program. I experienced a lot of the same issues that these others have had. The training of these reps is quite poor and they often do not even know what an RV is. I usually ask to speak with a customer loyalty rep and it gets straightened out. Another tip to people reading this topic: The VIP211k receiver goes into hibernation after a month or two of non use and the Dish people need to signal it to "wake up"

With all respect accepted, just because you told DFMRV to set it up that way, it did not get set up that way or it would not be that way today. Hopefully, you do have it straightened out but an actual PAYG account would not see any of the issues you are seeing. Turn it on, turn it off. That's pay as you go.
As to your receiver, it's not a VIP211K issue. Every receiver built by DirecTV or Dish will go into hibernation after about a month if it does not see a "keep alive" signal from the satellite. It's a security issue and it cannot be helped if you go for extended periods with your receiver disconnected.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
"The VIP211k receiver goes into hibernation after a month or two of non use and the Dish people need to signal it to "wake up"

We've experienced the hibernation thing but it happens to use after one to two weeks. So we go out and start it up while at home and again just before we go on a trip. The reps at Dish said that it's an issue with the receiver and not the service.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

greende
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Winegard wrote:
If you are getting those kinds of responses then your account is not setup as a pay as you go (PAYG) plan but rather a standard contract which has those kinds of limitations. It's either an accounting error or whoever set you up indicated that you would be under a 2 year contract. Contracts happen when you get receivers and/or other equipment free. You must have purchased your receiver and assorted accessories outright in order to use the PAYG plan. The PAYG plan can be turned on and off at will and used as little as 1 month per year.

Bill,
With all due respect I have a Pay-As-You-Go plan originally done through the Dish-For-My-Rv.com. I got it early in the program. I experienced a lot of the same issues that these others have had. The training of these reps is quite poor and they often do not even know what an RV is. I usually ask to speak with a customer loyalty rep and it gets straightened out. Another tip to people reading this topic: The VIP211k receiver goes into hibernation after a month or two of non use and the Dish people need to signal it to "wake up"
2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

USAF 1968 - 1972 Viet Nam '71 - '72

rgodfrey
Explorer
Explorer
I believe 888-309-0370 is the current number for RV Customer Support. I recommend always calling RV Customer Support directly. I've tried calling the 800-333-3474 number before and asking for RV Customer Support. Unfortunately, most of the customer service agents at the main number aren't even competent enough to connect me to RV Customer Support.
2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J (Workhorse Chasis)
2010 Jeep Liberty Limited Toad

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
When you call, You have to ask to be transferred to the RV department.
Larry, Debbie & Max the Pug
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i 6 speed manual transmission

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
I got into the details on the collections notice they sent me.

It was not to me, It was in my deceased wife's name

She NEVER had her name on a dish account, I did not get the account till after she died, She'd not even have known how to set it up.

I wonder if this is one of those fraudulent agencies? Remember that there was a fraud going on some time ago billing Trailer Life and Motorhome Life customers for renewals. I suspected it and threw it away and shortly after got a notice from Trailer Life to be aware.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I got into the details on the collections notice they sent me.

It was not to me, It was in my deceased wife's name

She NEVER had her name on a dish account, I did not get the account till after she died, She'd not even have known how to set it up.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
lryrob9301 wrote:
Kiwi_too wrote:
If you stop the service for six months, they will disable services. There is still no fee. You will not be able to start the service on the internet. Call them and they will restart it. No fee, other than paying for the months service.

Actually you can. You just have to know what your account number is and go to MY DISH and re-register. I have done it several times and restarted my service.

Nice tip. Thanks.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Kiwi_too wrote:
If you stop the service for six months, they will disable services. There is still no fee. You will not be able to start the service on the internet. Call them and they will restart it. No fee, other than paying for the months service.

Actually you can. You just have to know what your account number is and go to MY DISH and re-register. I have done it several times and restarted my service.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
jimandlaurie wrote:

Sure, there is no Restart Fee. But found out according to the 1-800-333-7474 people, you can only stop service for 6 months at a time and only once in a 12 month period. Also while "on vacation" you are charged $5.00 per month. What's up with that? How is my account on vacation. I only use it when I am on vacation!! Anyone else gone through this?

If this is the deal, Dishformyrv needs to state this gimmick on their site or a link to the "details".

Right now I am just a bit p.o.'ed , and ranting , so hope there is a work around on this.

Yes, but they didn't use "vacation", it's when your account is on hold, such as when we put our RV away for the winter.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I went with the Dish for My RV pay as you go plan, 2.5 times more expensive than a straight monthly plan and since I found I had other issues which need to be resolved told 'em "Don't want it any more"

They just turned the account over to collections. Since this is a pre-paid plan, not a monthly billing plan, there is no bill to collect.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Cajun_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
jimandlaurie wrote:

You need to tell them you wish to "DISCONNECT" your service. Do not use terms like suspend, stop, pause, vacation. If they give you ANY BS about a monthly fee charge tell them to connect you with a supervisor. Tell the supervisor that you have a RV/Mobile monthly pre-pay account and you are not going to pay any monthly "pause" fees.

DISH is a terrible company to work for, so the constant turnover in employees equals very poor training.

I have had the exact same responses on some of my calls because I used the word "suspend". The DISH peeps interpret that as that you want to put your service on some kind of "vacation hold" for which they charge $5/month because that's what it is for peeps who have not purchased their receiver, but the word you really want to use is "disconnect" even tho you're going to call back in later on and "reconnect". In fact, on one occasion, I only wanted to use my service for a weekend so I had it "turned on/reconnected/etc.) on a Friday and then "disconnected" it three days later and when I called in later on to "reconnect", the charge (because you always have to be prepaid for a full month) was only about $2. Now, I wait until just before I leave to "reconnect" through the voice recognition system and "disconnect" as soon as I get back from my trip.

jimandlaurie
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the tips folks! I will pursue via the avenues suggested,and will post the results.
2013 Chevy 3500HD Duramax
Nomad 25 Lite
25 C-Dory Cruiser
2 Shiba Inu travel dogs