Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Millenicom replacement

WesL
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys,

A few years ago I found some info on Millenicom on this forum and another forum. Millenicom offered a pretty good data plan with Verizon at a great deal. Over time they went up in price and finally Verizon cut them off and offered deals to their customers at a hefty price. This was good for me as a storm chaser but was still expensive.

Well last year Huntsville City Schools in Huntsville, AL started a big digital transition. They have got rid of textbooks and replaced them with laptops. All kids have a laptop now and they encountered another problem. Kids with no internet at home. So they partnered with Verizon and started a great deal where parents get a Verizon MiFi router at a good price.

Well earlier in August they opened their program to the general public. There is no geographic restriction for use or purchase. The MiFi router is included and the best news is it is UNLIMITED 4g LTE data over Verizon for only $47.75 a month.

I've used it all over the US including Chicago and Nashville within the last few weeks and I have had no issues with it at home.

If you are interested head to http://hsvwifi.com

Thanks again for all the great info in the past - hope you guys enjoy this service.

Wes
131 REPLIES 131

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
BobGed wrote:
I emailed OmniLynx regarding the MiFi device and they replied to just keep it.

Yep, they told me the same thing. When I turn my suspended Verizon 20GB Millenicom replacement plan back on, I'll transfer the SIM from the 4620L to the newer 6620L Jetpack.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

rfsod48
Explorer
Explorer
Is the jet pack usuable with any other carrier or only Verizon? I only want a data only plan for wifi hotspot
Roland,Linda and Matt Schwarz, LuLu, MoMo and Chewy
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 38N Catipillar C7
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4wd Drive II
Go Bucks!

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
Just passing along free info:

Karma Launches Unlimited Hotspot Plan on Sprintโ€™s Network

$50 unlimited data on Sprint network?

Unlimited consumption, but speed is capped at 5Mbps. Between that and Sprint, it's not right for everyone.
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)

SweetBearCub
Explorer
Explorer
Sprint coverage is...not good.

Their speeds are even worse.

Having said that, I will never give up my old Boost Mobile 'pay as you go' account, on an ancient grandfathered plan, with 35 cents per day 3G Internet, with no caps. After the 5% off of refill cards with my Target REDCard, monthly service averages out to $10.13 per month.

At best, it can pull down about 1 GB per hour.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
WOW, Sprint coverage is really iffy! What happens when you are in a Sprint roaming area? Can you even get on-line and if so is it limited to 300MB like the other Sprint plans are (were)?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Just passing along free info:

Karma Launches Unlimited Hotspot Plan on Sprintโ€™s Network

$50 unlimited data on Sprint network?
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
I emailed OmniLynx regarding the MiFi device and they replied to just keep it.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Abused by a few so the many suffer.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

MrWizard
well this was Educational based, for the Huntsville School system
until it was made public
i guess the over the top increase in New subscription customers, from out of the area, gave verizon a red flag

i agree its a shame we the individual have to pay thru the nose for it
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

SweetBearCub
Explorer
Explorer
Well that's... unfortunate.

Go figure, educational. government, and large business accounts can easily get unlimited data accounts from Verizon - 2 of those 3, we fund entirely with our tax dollars.

Heaven forbid that the same service be available to the people who *pay* the taxes though!

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dear Subscriber:

We regret to inform you that your wireless service will terminate effective November 30, 2015 (the โ€œTermination Dateโ€). This termination of service and any resulting inconvenience has resulted from the service provider, Verizon Wireless (โ€œVerizonโ€) and its decision to discontinue its support of the program. Needless to say, this circumstance is unfortunate and we are disappointed by Verizonโ€™s decision โ€“ particularly in light of the fact that Verizon publicly endorsed and applauded the Omnilynx program less than one year ago.

As of the Termination Date and in accordance with your terms of service, you will no longer receive wireless services pursuant to the Omnilynx program, and we will no longer accept payment(s) for such services. Balances received in advance of service will be prorated and promptly refunded to you.

Thank you for your support of the OmniLynx program.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

MrWizard
huumm
my payment was billed yesterday
no emails, no paypal notices ... YET

EDIT:
that was quick
this email arrive 2:10pm, while i was reading and replying to this thread

Dear Subscriber:

We regret to inform you that your wireless service will terminate effective November 30, 2015
(the โ€œTermination Dateโ€). This termination of service and any resulting inconvenience has resulted from the service provider, Verizon Wireless (โ€œVerizonโ€) and its decision to discontinue its support of the program. Needless to say, this circumstance is unfortunate and we are disappointed by Verizonโ€™s decision โ€“ particularly in light of the fact that Verizon publicly endorsed and applauded the Omnilynx program less than one year ago.

As of the Termination Date and in accordance with your terms of service, you will no longer receive wireless services pursuant to the Omnilynx program, and we will no longer accept payment(s) for such services. Balances received in advance of service will be prorated and promptly refunded to you.

Thank you for your support of the OmniLynx program.

this is the entire Email
i'm thinking they will eventually get around to asking for the return of the MiFi device
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
rfsod48 wrote:
Did they say anything about returning equipment?

All the details are supposed to be in the email. I think Jacob was in the process of writing it when I called. The person I spoke with wasn't even aware of the termination and had to ask someone else, who I presume was Jacob.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

rfsod48
Explorer
Explorer
Did they say anything about returning equipment?
Roland,Linda and Matt Schwarz, LuLu, MoMo and Chewy
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 38N Catipillar C7
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4wd Drive II
Go Bucks!