cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Multi-monitor power saving

Unit505
Explorer
Explorer
I've always run multiple monitors and usually let them run for the 3 days a week that I'm home. I decided to start shutting them down using the power saving mode on the pc and only my main monitor will turn off. I'm running an AMD Radeon R9 270x. The AMD Catalyst software utilizes the Windows power saving mode which has no function for multiple monitors. I'VE searched for hours and cannot find any related issue or fix. Good chance that I've not entered the right search terms (dozens tried).

Any ideas?
KC5JLB Jeff
KC5KDB Kim
8 REPLIES 8

MrWizard
so whats wrong with the monitor off
just wake it up before you wake up the PC
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Unit505
Explorer
Explorer
Never satisfied! When the monitor loses signal (when Windows shuts the displays down) my main monitor shuts off after a few minutes of no signal. No menu options for power saving on the monitor either. Stupid Energy Star! Lol
KC5JLB Jeff
KC5KDB Kim

Unit505
Explorer
Explorer
Fixed! Downloaded the newest version of AMD Catalyst. Fixed it! Still does not show power options for multi monitors, but it does control all three instead of the one.

Thanks for the input guys!
KC5JLB Jeff
KC5KDB Kim

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
i have had issues with display ports as well on a dell. back to DVI and everything worked fine on the same laptop and same screens

Never heard of a monitor that had power saving mode built in as an option?

Unit505
Explorer
Explorer
My main monitor is hdmi and it shuts down like it should. The other two are on display ports and they do NOT shut down. I'll get out of my chair shortly and see if the two older monitors have a power saving mode built in.
KC5JLB Jeff
KC5KDB Kim

Jaxom
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't tried power saving mode for only 1 monitor. I use 2. I wonder if the monitor itself has a power savings mode???
Jerry
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door
2011 R & R 20' Aluminum Enclosed Car Hauler
2007 Montrose 16' Aluminum Flatbed ATV Trailer

Is the second monitor connected via Display Port, DVI, or HDMI? Sounds like an ongoing issue with Radeon cards? My DELL at work does the same thing. One monitor blanked(DVI), the other remains on while in power saving mode(Display Port). Not sure if there is a fix?

No such issues with my personal desktops which all use nVidia cards. All monitors blank in power saving mode.