cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Music cuts out

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Playing on Windows media player off Samsung flash drive ...

Windows 10 Pro on both Laptop and PC ... on PC, music (songs) plays for about ten minutes, then suddenly quits. Window opens says, 'Problem with Media Player'', will not play music after that unless I shutdown and restart PC ... then does same thing each time.

Same Flash drive works fine on laptop and in vehicle media.

PC does not go online, ever - it contains all my photos and other info, and after first download of Photoshop and Word - a year ago - it's not been online for anything, including updates. Only laptop goes on internet.

If I go online to download new media player, will it auto-download all Windows updates? I would prefer not ... it would take forever, I think. AND, I do not want this PC online. Period.

Two Q's please ... If I do go online, how can I just load a new Media Player.

If I do it, can I stop the updates ... does it matter.

If I get new Media Player, which one should I install? Or can I download new Media Player onto Ext SSD and then install in PC.

Monkey44 is very tech dumb, so treat answers in Tech Dumb words please.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic
5 REPLIES 5

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Backup to a server with at least raid 5.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
joebedford wrote:
Groove works well as does Media Player and / or VLC.

Do I understand correctly that you don't go online in order to protect your photos and other info? I wonder if you'll ever get hit by an internal Windows error that would have been fixed in an update that you didn't download?

Hopefully you do external backups of your precious data.

Yes, all my data is double backed-up on separate external SSDs ... but it's so much it would take hours to reinstall what I use regularly on the PC, so I just don't let it go online - that's just one safety feature for me personally because I'm not very tech oriented. I use only MSWord and Photoshop on desktop. That's it.

I can remember how much hassle storing film and slides was, always thought Digital was gonna be a snap, comparatively, until years ago, I lost an internal HD (Virus, who knows why), and months of digital work. So, now I back it up on two separate SSD and only open it to transfer what I need for the day to work-station on PC, then disconnect.

Maybe I'm mistaken about Win 10 updates?? Maybe it would fix this Media Player error. But, yes, I do worry about something nasty getting in my internal drives, then coming out to eat my data at its leisure??? HA, not really paranoid, just try to be careful. ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Groove works well as does Media Player and / or VLC.

Do I understand correctly that you don't go online in order to protect your photos and other info? I wonder if you'll ever get hit by an internal Windows error that would have been fixed in an update that you didn't download?

Hopefully you do external backups of your precious data.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Thanks ...

Any recommendation on a good Media Player??? We only listen to music on this PC via Flash Drive or SSD, no movies, no DVD, nothing but photos and words on it, but it has external speakers for FD or SSD music play.
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
this.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK