cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please Directv, what is going on Rant

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
It now appears as though Directv has me in a position where I tell them goodbye or agree to another two year commitment regardless of what they decide to do with 101/SD next spring! My older HD oval antenna on the house is causing problems and needs to be upgraded with the newer SWM antenna and newer receivers. I also have an 18 inch oval antenna on my shop/account which feeds the DTV SD vcr receiver in my shop. This receiver along with a Winegard Carryout travels in the trailer with us when camping. In order to get the newer equipment in the house, I have to agree to a two year extension.. When I asked DTV about the future of the SD / 101, they seem to know nothing or are not saying anything. DTV says regardless of the SD issue, and even if I lose it, I must remain with them for two more years after the upgrade or pay their early termination penalty / fee. They won't guarantee continued SD service for the RVer, but have no problem with an early termination fee even if the SD portion of your service is gone.. What a business Plan... Just a Rant and am not seeking solutions but saying goodbye to DTV and the NFL Package after 23 years and moving Dish might be worth investigation.. THIS IS JUST A RANT OF MINE and frustrated that no one at ATT/DIRECTV seems to care about those that have supported them for years..
20 REPLIES 20

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
We had DTV on the house, dumped it and sold the dish to a local electronics guy. The receiver sat on the roof for a year. Finally took it off.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

hamrs_62
Explorer
Explorer
I just signed up for directvnow, to see how it goes on the road, I have the mobley and att unlimited plan and get it for 25 dollars a month, set it up with my Amazon tv boxes, hope it works on my trip to Nebraska, I have had a brand new dish tailgater set up and wally in the MH that I never have used,

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
I just dumped Directv after 20 some years for Dish. ATT is not customer friendly. I have a carryout I have been using for the rv. I only got standard def with Directv, I can change the dp switches to get HD on Dish. For the house I got the hopper 3 and 3 Joeys, 2 of which are wireless.
Dish has a deal on now with discounts for 2 years.
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
It is becoming more and more evident that ATT does not give a hoot about their present DirecTV customers. I had a problem with not receiving the movie channels I pay extra for and they wanted to send a tech out at $99. I told them I am not paying $99 to have a tech find out why I am not getting the channels I pay extra for. I told them I might have to cancel my service after being a customer for 15 years and go with cable. There answer was OK should I shut it off right now?
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I think the dtv and dish should got the way cable has gone, no contracts

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I feel your pain with all the rumors flying about regarding DTV. I have been a dtv customer for close to 25 years and while I'm all upgraded at home, the rv has a old Datron auto dish(still working) and I have a King Dome in motion and of course a portable dish all set up for standard def.
I really don't know what to do at this time.....I'm really considering switching to Dish for the simplicity of it all. Is dtv going to ever have a in motion HDTV? It seems Dish HDTV is ahead of the curve with correct Satellite positioning and easier in motion domes.

I'm really a loyal customer but feel as though its going to cost a small fortune to keep dtv on the roof. Guess ill be waiting to see!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)