cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof mounting Winegard pathway X1

frankiebIII
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking to replace a non functioning King Dome relay with the Pathway. I'd like to mount it to roof. The 2 coax cables are already installed on the roof and run to main box and bedroom box. Obviously I can't use the existing hardware from the King dome. I see that I can purchase a roof mount kit for the Winegard.
My question is would this be a hard install for someone who has never mounted anything on the roof? The wiring is all there so it's just a matter of mounting it and screwing in the cables. I don't know much about drilling into roof or how to seal the screws so water doesn't get in. My local RV place did my dome last summer so I can see how it was done. Is there an online video I could watch?

Thanks!
2005 Monaco Diplomat Quad Slide
Toad 2013 AWD Ford Explorer
Air force one Brake controller
Falcon All terrain tow bar
5 REPLIES 5

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for that correction. I did not remember that.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
The Pathway X1 does NOT need a separate power supply line. It is powered by the coax on the primary port. As already noted, a 211 series receiver is required.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You do need the roof mount kit (about $50) and you need the 2 coax cables plus a 12V power source. I don't think the KD Relay has a similar requirement. If there is no separate 12V power wires on the roof you are going to need to drill a hole and run a new wire unless the Relay was installed after the coach was built. If that's the case then the cover plate where the wires enter the coach can be removed and you should be able to get the new (included) 12V wire from the antenna to the inside mounted switch and power source.
I consider it to be very easy but your level of confidence that you won't hit a wire may require that you get some professional assistance.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the Pathway X2 and like it a lot. I would not consider mounting it on the roof, though (I don't think the X2 is mountable on the roof anyway). The reason being the number of times I've had to move the antenna out as much as 50 ft. from the rig to clear obstructions such as trees, etc., to get a signal. That's not doable with an antenna mounted on top of the RV.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Just don't fall off the roof....
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.