cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Samsung Phone

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
I bought a Samsung A10e about a year or more ago. It has a Google icon on the start page among other ICONS. When I punch up Google to search web, I type in the name of a search in the bar - Like Tampa Rays score - it goes to the Rays page and I find it. It's always searched and found what I typed ... until today.

Today, I type in a name - as always - hit search, and it kicks me back to the home screen ... I type in a search again - in the Google bar ... punch search, and it kicks back to the home screen again.

I'm not sure if I accidentally pushed a setting icon at some point, but can't find anything that resembles a fix button.

I restarted it twice - same thing -- Clueless??
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic
15 REPLIES 15

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
Also, you might have received a system update from Samsung; my A20e's just got an "Android 11 - One UI 3 upgrade" which updated my Google app as well as many others.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I suspect the problem was with your cellular carrier not the phone.
This I know... I"m way happier with my Samsungs over the years than I ever would be with an IOS device..

For example. Hotspotting can be a real pain with IOS super easy with Android.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm gonna take a sledge hammer to my android system Samsung phone,...and try a Apple I-phone 11
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Those are the kind of issues that drive me to add redundancy, in this case it would be adding an alternative browser. Hate to get stuck somewhere, needing data, and your "app" won't work.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
I cleared it ... restarted it, didn't help. Shut it down completely, left it off for an hour. Turned it on, back to normal ... guess it wasn't feeling perky today.

Thanks for all the advice - everyone.

Mr.W - Yes, I know - all are apps - but I only use what came on the phone - I don't add any, don't download any, and I don't sync with any other devices. Just use it minimally - some web searches ... don't bank on it, don't open any messages I don't know the person, don't even answer it often, I let it go to message and call back if I know the person. It's more a keep in touch and an emergency device. I still use my laptop for every thing, generally.
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

MrWizard
For your info
Doing anything on your Android phone is using an App aka short for Application program/ software

When you text..that's an app
Use the camera ... App
Web search .. YEP Google search engine app
PHONE CALL ... YEP phone app

And you can replace each one with one you choose to download and install, or have them replaced / altered when the phone is hacked

You can even install an HDR camera app to take higher definition photos, takes multiple images and combines them
{Good for still photo scenery} helps make the cactus needles pop out in the picture, optics is where phones suffer versus a Canon or Sony , but they sure are handy, one device that does so much
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
As of earlier today my Samsung A-32-5G googled just fine from the google bar

It is possible a bit got flipped somewhere.

I just used the phone to google: Phone will not google

Now I get to type. oh the joy (These are my comments)

Restart your device (That fixes many errors)
If you're able to connect to the internet update the Google App to the latest version.

Then try your search again.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Phones are not phones anymore. They are hand held computers and one of the features is to make phone calls. Being a computer you have to reset and reboot them periodically. Once a week I close out all apps, close out all open web pages, and power off. Have had far fewer anomalies since I started doing this.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Unlimited data ... And I cleared everything, shut down the phone completely and waited a while. Was then ready to fire it up and follow the above instructions, and it works properly again. `\o/`

This is second time ... I don't use apps - just phone calls, texting, web search some not a lot. And use the camera occasionally. Use the laptop for nearly everything, and phone does not sync to anything.

Tech baffles me when it quits, especially when I change nothing - it just happens. Then I try to figure it out, with help from RV.net, which never fails. Thanks to all who responded - happy camping guys!! M44
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Before you change or reset any settings, go into your apps and clear the cache for each affected one. If that doesn't work, then try clearing the app data as well...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
One little question remains ... do you have any 'data' available now in your plan? Sounds to me like you may not if you can't get anything on the Internet. Need to check with your cellular service provider to find out if you don't know ... telephone service is separate from Internet data ...
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
lryrob9301 wrote:
Go to the "settings" app and open. Come down to "General Management" and open. Come down to "Reset" and open. Come down to "Reset all settings" open and click on "Reset Settings".

As a last resort if the above doesn't work come down to the "Reset" and open again. This time go to "Factory data reset" open and come down to the "RESET" button. CAUTION THIS WILL RESET YOUR PHONE TO FACTORY NEW CONDITION, you will loose all downloaded settings and apps.

Thanks, I'll do that. I don't have many apps - I use this as a voice phone and some text, occasionally a camera. I don't sync anything else. So, not much lost anyway.
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the "settings" app and open. Come down to "General Management" and open. Come down to "Reset" and open. Come down to "Reset all settings" open and click on "Reset Settings".

As a last resort if the above doesn't work come down to the "Reset" and open again. This time go to "Factory data reset" open and come down to the "RESET" button. CAUTION THIS WILL RESET YOUR PHONE TO FACTORY NEW CONDITION, you will loose all downloaded settings and apps.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
I can't get my web browser to browse ... when I type in a web address, hit search, it opens to the same page again - the screen page where the ICONS live.

I tried it on several home pages - dot coms - that I know are active.

Guess I'll putter around with it and see if something got glitched at the last update - which T-Mobile forces on us. It works fine, get an update, doesn't work fine anymore. Or will run down to the T-Mobile store and have them fix it. Probably want me to buy a new one -- this one, not even two years old. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845