cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sirius XM Radio Data Usage

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to figure out how much data will be used by trying to LISTEN to an NFL football game over internet? Anyone have any idea? I can't find any estimates on Sirius' website.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited
7 REPLIES 7

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
accsys wrote:
Maybe a dumb question but why would you be streaming over the internet if you have Sirius satellite radio to listen to the ball game??

Not everyone has a stand alone Sirius XM radio that can be moved around or use somewhere other than their automobile. Sirius provided their service over the internet now, must like many television stations do. So, rather than having to purchase a separate portable XM radio, you can just connect via the internet.

Also, they now have this option, but it still uses your internet bandwith: Click here.

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information!
Dave & Kathy
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
accsys wrote:
Maybe a dumb question but why would you be streaming over the internet if you have Sirius satellite radio to listen to the ball game??

I only have it on the motorcycle and don't want to sit outside in the cold to listen. ๐Ÿ™‚ Our Radio in the motorhome doesn't work. I'm going to change out the radio after we get done working for Amazon but want to listen to the games in the meantime.
Dave & Kathy
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
assuming a 3-hr stream @ 128 kbps i calculate 169 mb or .164 gb

10,800 sec in 3-hrs
x 128 = 1,382,400 kb (kilo bits)
/ by 8 = 172,800 bytes
/ 1024 = 168.75 mb
/ 1024 = .164 gb
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

sgip2000
Explorer
Explorer
The stream is 128kbps.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
2chiefsRus wrote:
Trying to figure out how much data will be used by trying to LISTEN to an NFL football game over internet? Anyone have any idea? I can't find any estimates on Sirius' website.

maybe this will help. gotta believe talking is much less quality than music.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle