cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Source for Outdoor Speakers - Ideas Needed

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I have 4 outdoor speakers on the back porch of my house. Currently, they are wired into a volume control box mounted on the wall - 4 speaker wires go in, and 2 come out ending in some kind of connector on each one. Looks like the previous owner had a device to plug these into and could control the volume at the box. I haven't looked inside the box yet, but I used a 9 volt battery to test the speakers and heard sound coming from two speakers at once.

So I'd like to solicit ideas as to what to use to get some music from these speakers. It would have to be portable or weather proof if I were going to leave it outdoors. Would be nice to have Bluetooth so we could stream Pandora.

I searched Amazon for "outdoor receiver", but didn't see anything - with the exception of one with multiple reviews reporting that it catches on fire.

My indoor receiver has WiFi connectivity, so wondering it there is a receiver that can receive streamed music and output it to speakers.

My WiFi coverage is excellent due to using my old router as a repeater.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
5 REPLIES 5

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
TNGW1500SE wrote:
Monoprice.com has good speakers for a low price. Don't just look at outdoor speakers, look at marine speakers too.

I have one of these ( Bluetooth amp )in my master bath and I even put one in the RV and trashed the old factory RV dash radio. 15 watts doesn't sound like much but they crank.
I think this may be what I'm looking for. Kind of confused how it is powered. Picture shows wires coming out of it and manual says it has an AC adapter. Perfect as there is a plug below the current volume control which could be replaced with this.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
So the Nephew has THESE on the other side of the yard, probably 40' away from the BT transmitter. The quality is amazing and when in the planters you really have to know what you're looking for if properly camouflaged
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Monoprice.com has good speakers for a low price. Don't just look at outdoor speakers, look at marine speakers too.

I have one of these ( Bluetooth amp )in my master bath and I even put one in the RV and trashed the old factory RV dash radio. 15 watts doesn't sound like much but they crank.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
My Nephew apparently bought garden "rocks" that are Bluetooth and solar charged. I'll see them tomorrow and report back
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I just ordered this thru amazon.
Mpow Bluetooth Receiver, Streambot Hands-free Car Kits & Wireless Music Adapter for Stereo System
have no idea what it is or how it works?
bumpy