Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visible wants me to upgrade to new plan

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I got an email from Visible that said this:
We’re moving our valued members (that’s you!) onto our upgraded network. It’s faster and more reliable. So you’ll have all the unlimited data you have now, but with improved performance. Still $25/mo, taxes & fees included.

I've been on the old plan for about a year for $25. I think I might wait and see if they force me to change.

Anybody else get an email like this?
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram
22 REPLIES 22

Never received a Visible upgrade email. But I'm already running as fast as my 4G iPhone can handle - 140Mbps data down.

Anyway, I'm from the old school that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Just tends to waste time and can introduce unnecessary complications.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not all phones are compatible with the upgrade so that may be the issue for Tom_M.

I also read that if you need to update your phone software (for esim?), it can take several hours. So if you will have to do so, make sure you have the time to spare.

Also, I read that one person started the update and THEN found out their phone is not compatible with the new network. Unfortunately, because they started the update, their phone is now not able to access the old network. So, they couldn't just "go back" to what they had, but had to buy a new phone and go to the new network.

So yes, it is always a good idea to ask questions before clicking "upgrade".
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Tom M: Thanks for posting this. Exactly why I'm not switching right now. Hope the "I can't understand why you aren't switching" folks have read your post too. 🙂
Ralph
Instagram

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I got the same email. When I log onto the app and select "See new plans" I get a message stating "We are unable to process your order. Please chat with our care team to help resolve the issue". I think I'll wait a while before I pursue this.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
So you’ve only been on your existing plan for a year. You’ll be staying with the same carrier, but will have improved service at the same price. I’m not sure you have anything to object too.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
I'm reluctant because of all the "horror stories" I've seen on other forums about changing Visible plans. I'm a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" type of person. Since things are working fine, I think I'll chew on the decision for a while. 🙂
Ralph
Instagram

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm not sure I understand the OP's fear about the "new plan". Since he has been a subscriber for a while, he seems to be satisfied, but fears that now the company is being untruthful. But his fee looks to be unchanged. Not sure what the issue it.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I both moved to New service and it couldn't have been easier.
When you elect to you will receive a new sim with fedex express delivery. The steps from there are very simple.

We haven't noticed any change in service.

Be aware party pay no longer applies. You will still be charged $25 per line. The 25 per line will apply until you choose to change to the $30 or $40 service or drop Visible completely.

There is nothing but plus reasons to change and no negatives.