cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows 10 nightmare won't connect to Jefa Tech Repeater

TheGatherer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Jefa Tech WiFi Repeater with a 15db antenna and it works really good with all the operating systems xp, win7, win8.1,... but not win10. Has anyone had experiance with wifi repeaters and win10? I've already decided to change the operating system to linux, but that's not for a month when I get back AZ to FLA. So, if you can help with the connection problem I'm having please post it here.. Thanks in advance...
9 REPLIES 9

docj
Explorer
Explorer
I have three Windows 10 laptops (2 Dells and a Toshiba) all connecting to our repeater (not a Jefa) without any problems. In fact, my experience so far is that Windows 10 is more stable with respect to wifi than Windows 8.1 had been.

My question to the OP is does his computer connect to other wifi sources without any problems? As far as the computer is concerned there's nothing special about the connection just because it is a repeater. WiFi is WiFi.

IMO the chances are that the wifi driver in his computer is getting "hung up" during the connection process with the repeater. I had a similar problem getting my repeater to connect to a particular campground wifi even though it connected to everything else just fine and all the other devices connected to that same wifi without issue. In that case we did eventually solve the problem but it took changes to the repeater's internal firmware to make it work. In this case, since it's unlikely that the OP can change the computer's wifi driver, the only hope would be for Jefatech to be willing to spend the time to resolve the problem.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

RRinNFla
Explorer
Explorer
I had an issue reconnecting to WiFi after my laptop went in to power saving mode. I could fix it by right-clicking on the WiFi widget on the tool bar, and select Troubleshoot. This would reset all of my wifi and internet connections, but it was irritating to have to do that every time.

I then found a setting on my WiFi card on my laptop to keep power to WiFi even during power saving (hibernate) mode. Since then, it reconnects every time.
Richard

2015 Prime Time Crusader 295RLT
2008 Ford F250 V10 (Gas), EC, SB, 4X4

TheGatherer
Explorer
Explorer
I did call JEFA and they are really good people, but they didn't have an answer either... I just shut down that machine and got out my 'old' win7 machine and no problems... I'll deal with win10 later, thanks for all the help.. I'll get this sorted out and begin my linux transision... Tim

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
I use 10 with the JEFA with no problems. Like Bob, says, call JEFA...they are great!
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

BobKrogstie
Explorer
Explorer
have you tried JEFA Tech Support to see if they have any updates for Win10?
A.J. Farmer
JEFA Tech, Inc.
888-467-2258
http://www.jefatech.com
http://support.jefatech.com
support@jefatech.com
Bob and Natalie
2008 Grand Junction 37QSB
2009 Dodge 3500DRW Big Horn 4X2/CC/LB/CTD/4:10/Auto

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Windows 10 has issues with connecting devices, my wife accidentally hit the upgrade 10 button on her computer and it disconnected our fax/scan machines we use to scan and send invoices for our business, so we had to call our tech guy in to get them to work with the computer, the windows 10 is difficult to connect with devices if you don't understand how it works like myself..

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I don't see what difference it makes that you're using a repeater. WiFi is WiFi. Take your computer to an area with known working wireless, either a mifi, phone hotspot or someplace like Starbucks / McD's.

Are you able to connect to that wifi?

If yes, then something's wrong with your repeater, not your computer.

If no, you need updated drivers for your computer's wifi module. You'll need to use a hard-wire connection (your repeater looks like it has some) to download the driver for your wifi module.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

TheGatherer
Explorer
Explorer
I should have also stated I can connect to the wifi, but when I try to open the Firefox or IE I lose connection.

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can it see the wifi access point? What encryption are you using? I have no problems running wifi on the 3 computers I have running win10. It is likely the security settings or adapter config that is preventing it.

Can you connect to other wifi access points? is it only the Jefa Tech repeater you cannot connect to?