cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard G2

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
Can't find in literature. On the power cable, what do the as shipped ends look like? Is this just a red/white...red/black cord? For those who may have done it, how did you supply the power going into/out of the RV? Once the signal is found, can you disconnect the power cord?
3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
tarnold wrote:
Can't find in literature. On the power cable, what do the as shipped ends look like? Is this just a red/white...red/black cord? For those who may have done it, how did you supply the power going into/out of the RV? Once the signal is found, can you disconnect the power cord?

You can either power up or power down if you are a DirecTV customer but I recommend leaving it powered up if you will be in once place for several days to ensure the antenna does not "sag" and cause a weak signal. If you are a Dish customer the antenna must remain powered on to allow toggling between the 3 satellites.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

We have been using our Winegard G2 for over a year now. We use a 110 to 12 volt converter that I plug in to the bay to power it up. Once you have it set up and dialed in I unplug the 12 volt cord and put it away and converterI use to leave it plugged in but someone tripped over the cord and broke the plug going into the G2 unit which I had to replace. So now I unplug it.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We have the earlier version, Carryout.
The power cord came with a cigarette lighter plug. I wired a receptacle under the hood next to my installed coaxial cable that goes straight to the receiver.
I leave my 12 volt DC plugged in as it switches to different satellites for some channels. Some say that doesn't happen, but it does for our programming.
We use one of the Direct TV receivers from the house.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker