cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard Parhways X2 Satellite Antenna

rkassl
Explorer
Explorer
I am very interested in this antenna, anybody out there that has some experience with it good or bad to share. I have been doing some research and found that there are "bugs" that Winegard even admits. Any information would be appreciated.
2015 Montana 3440RL Legacy Edition
PullRite Super 5th 20K hitch
Morryde Pin Box
Dish Tailgater and King Tailgater Satellite Systems
2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 SRW CC full bed
13 REPLIES 13

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have used mine with 150โ€™ of cable.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

rkassl
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the great information.
Morryde Pin Box

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
had one for four years now, only complaint i have is getting someone at dish that knows what the rv pay as you go plan is and how it works. also when you stop service they try to push the pause on you that costs you 5 dollars a month.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

Larry-D
Explorer II
Explorer II
On our third year with one. Use it with two TT, one receiver in each. Great being able to choose the eastern or western arc when trees are blocking. Using it with 250' of coax with no problems.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
it's been working fine for me since 2013. Right now I'm using 75 feet of coax with no problem, but I'm using premium coax. If there's a power outage it'll rescan etc. If I couldn't do eastern arc I wouldn't watch tv about half the time, so having the selection is great.
-jbh-

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
I've got the Pathway X2, and 2 receivers. I also have an in-motion dish on the roof. Usually, I use the rooftop for the primary receiver, and the Pathway for the secondary. However, if I'm "treed in", I'll use the Pathway for both receivers. The issue with using the dual output on the Pathway is that if you choose 2 receivers when you set up, the Pathway will only zero in on satellite 72. You won't get all your channels. But, you can select 1 receiver when set up, and run the secondary cable to the secondary receiver. When you do that, on your secondary receiver, you will only get the channels that are broadcast on the satellite that your primary receiver is pointing the dish at.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have bought one last month to get out from under trees I am camped at for the next two Months
1 Max 50' coax from the antenna to the receiver I have found this to be true as the receiver powers the dish movements
2 The Wally can have a problem with it and fail. I have two wallys and the first failed to change aiming ... I connected my second one and so far its working (3 weeks) I looked this up and found others have reported this. the older 211 series receivers have no problems.
3 When in set up IF!you select 2 receivers it defaults to Ea satellite 72 ...ONLY no switching it locks on and wont move to other birds ( most national channels are on ea 72 evidently but not western locals of course)and in the west Ea is pretty low in the sky!The work around is to select the one tuner option then add the second receiver after it scans but it can only see the satellite The main receiver is on and thus only the Channels on that Bird
4 You will need to run a check switch on the tuner each time you unplug it yes. If you cant leave it plugged in it will take 5 -10 min to search for the birds again and update the guide. I don't ever unplug it so a non issue for me but a pain if not .. I'm told most portables are like that.

When I discovered I needed a portable I selected the X2 as its the ONLY portable to allow the option of either the western or Ea arc satellites . My roof mounted traveler can't see the ea and I plan East coast travel next year. on the set up you select ea or wa satellites provided you DON'T select 2 tuners as I said.
Its worked great now on the second wally i used. Hopefully my 1st wally will return to normal when the Traveler is back in operation.
This dish also has the largest reflector... stronger signal ..less rain fade
Bill

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had one for two years. No complaints , works as advertised.

I have never used a second sat box. My friend has and I think he did say he had to do something like Check switch or something.

So the the primary box dictates which sat is chosen and the second box can only get channels that are on that sat.

It is a fact that if the primary is powered down the Pathway will have to rescan but I rarely do so itโ€™s not a problem.

If mine died I would buy another ASAP.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

rkassl
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
I also have a Pathway X2 and do not know of any bugs with it, please elaborate on your statement. I have had mine for 7 years and it has worked as designed, perfectly, every time I have used it.

Winegard customer stated that if you want to use two receivers, not to select the option for 2 because of some eastern arc lock out?? I don't really know what they mean. Also they said if your receiver powers off, say at night, you need to re-scan for the satellites? Have you seen or heard of these issues.
Thanks
Morryde Pin Box

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
I pickup all three sats on the western arc.
The last few times I tried it would only pickup 2 of sats on the eastern arc.
Need a compass and a level for easy setup.
I like it.
If it breaks, I'll order another one.
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
I also have a Pathway X2 and do not know of any bugs with it, please elaborate on your statement. I have had mine for 7 years and it has worked as designed, perfectly, every time I have used it.

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
I have one and have had absolutely no problems with it. It works great on Dish and will get the eastern and western arc. Only thing I have to do with it is when I go from our rooftop system to it I have to do a reset on the receiver so it will see the different switch.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie