cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is it possible to drain waste ?

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
Is it possible to drain waste tank without the sewer hose? Just let it drain to the ground

I know it's disgusting but will the waste like urine come out even without the sewer hose?
52 REPLIES 52

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Obviously the TROLL has a rip in his marble bag.
Ray

tonymull
Explorer
Explorer
The # of replies here is exactly why Trolls exist....

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
For the low price of a low quality hose, it's not worth the mess. Buy a cheap hose.

Exactly! you can get a sewer hose kit from Walmart, for less than $20.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
westend wrote:
FWIW, ISTR that the OP is tearing out his bathroom and removing the waste tanks. The dumping of the black tank may be a one-and-done. He is probably trying to save the expense of buying a drain hose. For the low price of a low quality hose, it's not worth the mess. Buy a cheap hose.

MAYBE.......

All of other posts are about towing with RAM and WDH need.

Doubt we'll ever know reason for post OR IF he just went ahead and DUMPED
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Hoping you don't want to be a Griswold.....;). I did the grey tank once, we had a 3 day stint with the sticks house drain lines being torn out and replaced. Part meant cutting concrete. I brought the trailer home solely to have a toilet and shower onsite. When the grey tank was full I was lazy and didn't want to hook up and haul to a dump station so in a pouring rain after dark pulled the handle and let it go on the driveway. It was pretty interesting the next morning all the crud that was still on the driveway.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

westend
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, ISTR that the OP is tearing out his bathroom and removing the waste tanks. The dumping of the black tank may be a one-and-done. He is probably trying to save the expense of buying a drain hose. For the low price of a low quality hose, it's not worth the mess. Buy a cheap hose.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
dfm wrote:
thehippie wrote:
Is it possible to drain waste tank without the sewer hose? Just let it drain to the ground

I know it's disgusting but will the waste like urine come out even without the sewer hose?

I'm not sure where You might want to try this , but if it is at a dump station I want You to be right behind me when I give it a try.
If it is at a campsite Then Again I want You to be the next camper in the site right after I give it a try.
Looking at your previous posts it appears You may be relatively new to the RV scene , But come on man, use some common sense and some consideration for others!!

If you will give all your neighbors permission to "whizz" in your patio area at your home every day, then I will give you permission to dump your RV without using a sewer hose:):):)

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
C7XR7 wrote:
True story. When I purchased my 5th wheel the previous owner had the handle pull out on the black tank but the cap on the sewer line. Not a pleasant experience when removing the cap. Mierda sucede.
Sounds like he DOODY Trapped it. Sorry, couldn't help myself. :B
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

C7XR7
Explorer
Explorer
True story. When I purchased my 5th wheel the previous owner had the handle pull out on the black tank but the cap on the sewer line. Not a pleasant experience when removing the cap. Mierda sucede.
[COLOR=]2003 Keystone Challenger 31RLB 5th Wheel
2006 F250 Lariat CC PSD short bed
B&W Companionโ„ข 5th Wheel Hitch
Transfer Flow - Toolbox and Fuel Tank Combo
TORKLIFT StableLoad
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes you can but you need to suck on the drain pipe when opening the valve to get it started. :S
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, you sure can! Just be sure and look up inside the drain pipe to make sure the valve opens as you pull the valve handle.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Sure you can. Just make sure you dumb the grey water tank after, it'll make it smell much better. Nobody will know the difference. :S

frizzen
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it's possible. It's also possible to shoot yourself in the head with a .357 magnum and live. If you won't try the second, don't try the first.
I need some wild

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
dfm wrote:
thehippie wrote:

I'm not sure where You might want to try this , but if it is at a dump station I want You to be right behind me when I give it a try.
If it is at a campsite Then Again I want You to be the next camper in the site right after I give it a try.
Looking at your previous posts it appears You may be relatively new to the RV scene , But come on man, use some common sense and some consideration for others!!

Before trying this at a campground, come home and try it one time in your driveway to make sure you have the correct trajectory and distance from the mark you leave on the ground.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
oh the huge manatee