cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OMG!! How to keep Dinette cushions up????

happybooker1
Explorer
Explorer
Besides Velcro? Because that's never worked for me. Had pop up, HTT, C, now TT. Unless there's a certain special Velcro that someone wants to recommend, I'm looking for other solutions. Just annoys the HECK out of me!
2008 Tacoma Extended Cab
2009 Keystone Hideout 19FLB
Andersen "No Sway" "No Bounce" WDH
14 REPLIES 14

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would like to point out that if this is the worst problem you have this year, you are way ahead of most RVers.

I really can't see it rising to the level of OMG.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Dyngbld
Explorer
Explorer
Duct Tape?

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=e7bd775c-4d1e-46d4-850d-e014153937be

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
My dinette seat cushions have a little rubber backing on the big ones that are the seat cushions. I placed some of the rubber shelf liner that you can buy in rolls for cabinets under those, between them and the plywood. Prevents the seat section from moving which has kept the back section from coming loose. Worked like a charm for me.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

ReadyToGo
Explorer
Explorer
Ours have never slipped out. but if they did, we would have tried Velcro stick on first and if that didn't work, either glue or sew velcro on.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Don't rely on the adhesive on the velcro. Get some VHB double sided tape and use that to attach the velcro.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
MORE Velcro!
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Glue.

Allworth wrote:
Velcro.

Escargot wrote:
Sew a couple of cloth loops, or just a couple of strips of material to the upper back edges of the cushions, then anchor them to small hooks?

happybooker1 wrote:
Talking about the back cushions which CONTINUALLY fall over. I've tried plain stick-on Velcro, industrial strength Velcro, and Command Velcro. It all has either come off or doesn't stick.

Prozac. ๐Ÿ˜‰
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Escargot wrote:
Sew a couple of cloth loops, or just a couple of strips of material to the upper back edges of the cushions, then anchor them to small hooks?

Or snaps.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

happybooker1
Explorer
Explorer
Talking about the back cushions which CONTINUALLY fall over. I've tried plain stick-on Velcro, industrial strength Velcro, and Command Velcro. It all has either come off or doesn't stick.
2008 Tacoma Extended Cab
2009 Keystone Hideout 19FLB
Andersen "No Sway" "No Bounce" WDH

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Velcro.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Glue.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Our bottom cushions slip under the backs thus holding the backs up. No slipping. Are yours different?
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I used velcro on our dinette seat cushions to keep them from sliding, worked great!