cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shelf ? With 2 legs under bed

Cdaddy
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased a heartland mallard m29 new. Under the main bed in the storage are is a self laying on the floor it has 2 legs and no hooks or anything it's unfinished plywood. Can't figure out what its for. Looked in manual nothing? Any ideas
8 REPLIES 8

NorthTrail23
Explorer
Explorer
I also have "a shelf with two legs" - and an ugly,cheap, splinter laden shelf it is ;): as was noted, mine is for converting the dinette to a bed.
Terry, Sindee and Ranger
Ontario, CAN
2014 Heartland North Trail 23rbs
2016 Ram Big Horn

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
mbopp wrote:
Is it for converting the dinette to a bed? Check under the back bench seat & see if there's a shelf it hooks to or rests on.

This /\
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Customer Service Hours
Monday - Thursday : 8:00 A.M - 5:00 P.M (E.S.T)
Friday : 8:00 A.M - 4:00 P.M (E.S.T - During Winter)
Friday : 8:00 A.M - 3:00 P.M (E.S.T - During Summer)

Local Number : 574-262-8030
Customer Service: 877-262-8032
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Is it for converting the dinette to a bed? Check under the back bench seat & see if there's a shelf it hooks to or rests on.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Cdaddy
Explorer
Explorer
No way to hook it under the bed and it's a new trailer

Cdaddy
Explorer
Explorer
No way to hook it under the bed and it's a new trailer

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I laughed when I read this. I bet I know what it was for! :C

I built a shelf for my MH that had three legs!!

I needed a shelf 'along side the bed'. On most MH's the built in nightstand along side of the bed has a slant coming off the bottom.

To put a shelf there along side the bed you can't get in 4 legs. I used three offset maybe your previous owner did it with just two.

I used it for a place for my cat to ride safely when traveling. See the small part of the edge of the plywood resting on the edge of the bed?

I painted my plywood to match the MH colors. AND I used to store it under the bed when not in use. :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Cdaddy wrote:
We recently purchased a heartland mallard m29 new. Under the main bed in the storage are is a self laying on the floor it has 2 legs and no hooks or anything it's unfinished plywood. Can't figure out what its for. Looked in manual nothing? Any ideas

Hmmmm interesting and since so many parts LOOK like shelves can be difficult. How about a partition for under the bed storage area since that is where you found it? If that is what it is I'd take a few minutes out of my life to refinish the piece so it doesn't snag my clothing.

HTH