cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 Jeep Rubicon and Blue Ox Patriot

cougle
Explorer
Explorer
With regard to dinghy towing, I had (A LOT) of problems following Blue Ox directions as to plugging Patriot into jeep electrical--including my jeep ending up at the dealer for 3 days after battery ran down and computer reset (and unable to start) after trying to jump. I invested $150 in a Sears Diehard Portable Power 1150 and now plug Patriot into that instead of Jeep. This uses less than 10% of the Diehard PP charge and I have no drain at all on the Jeep power. Jeep arrives at destination fresh and ready to go with no additional mileage. I do not keep the key in the ignition. Later model Wranglers (newer than 2009?) don't have wheel locks. Also, it's nice to have the Portable Power supply around for other uses.
4 REPLIES 4

OBWan
Explorer
Explorer
Sean812 wrote:
I ordered 2 Blue Ox Patriots but never got them. After waiting 9 days I still hadn't gotten a order confirmation so I emailed them and was told that my order was back ordered. I told them it would have been nice to let the customer, me, know that little detail. Even though they back ordered they still charged my credit card. I told them to cancel the order and they did. So far it has been 3 weeks since my order was canceled but after 3 email and 6 telephone calls to a very rude person at Blue Ox I have still not received a refund. So far I have have gotten from Blue Ox is BS and outright lies. They even sent me an email saying that they refunded my money but that was a week ago and it is still not in my account. I would never deal with Blue Ox again their business practices leave a lot to be desired. I guess that the only way I am going to get my money back from them is to take them to court. I would steer clear of this company.

I also ordered from them a Patriot and an Alpha tow bar, in mid august. Never received any back order notice. Called multiple times and was assured it would ship on this date or that date. They were very nice and always called me back when they said they would. But after a month I could no longer wait for the items I ordered, so I called and cancelled my order and got the Alpha off ebay. Still deciding what to do on the Patriot. Same deal with the refund however. They charged me the second I place the order but still have not received my refund. They assure me the order was canceled and that a refund should be posted in the next couple days.. Might have to call the credit card company.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
On our way back from another 3 mon. US tour and still sold on the READYBRUTE ELITE towing/brake/breakaway setup and the COOLTECH lighting wiring harness for simplicity, dependability and the most cost effective. Anytime you're depending on expensive electronics, plumbing and/or battery power to do your toad braking, you're going down the wrong road IMO.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

fritzrs
Explorer
Explorer
We toad... a 2010 Jeep Wrangler with a Blue Ox tow-bar.
I really like that basic Blue Ox Bar... but I checked out both Blue Ox and Roadmaster attachment hardware for Jeep Wrangler and finally called regional Jeep service center.

Basically any time you drill, cut or modify a Jeep Wrangler frame or frame cross member... you VOID the Jeep warranty.
I bought the Jeep recommended Currie tow plate for my Jeep Wrangler. It's a soild one piece, bolt on steel plate, that uses existing Wrangler frame holes. It bolts solid with CAT grade bolts and strengthens the Jeep frame.
The Blue Ox Tow Bar adapts easily. I also added stainless steel safety cables directly to the tow bar.
An Idaho State Trooper inspected my set-up at a truck stop while I was refueling. He liked it so much he took a picture and said every rig should be toad with such a safe and simple tow bar set-up.
KISSS... Keep It Simple for Sanity Sake
RVing since 1975... All Who Wander Are Not Lost...
2014 Minnie Winnie, GM Chassis w/Allison 6spd
2010 Jeep Wrangler, Toad w/canoe

Sean812
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered 2 Blue Ox Patriots but never got them. After waiting 9 days I still hadn't gotten a order confirmation so I emailed them and was told that my order was back ordered. I told them it would have been nice to let the customer, me, know that little detail. Even though they back ordered they still charged my credit card. I told them to cancel the order and they did. So far it has been 3 weeks since my order was canceled but after 3 email and 6 telephone calls to a very rude person at Blue Ox I have still not received a refund. So far I have have gotten from Blue Ox is BS and outright lies. They even sent me an email saying that they refunded my money but that was a week ago and it is still not in my account. I would never deal with Blue Ox again their business practices leave a lot to be desired. I guess that the only way I am going to get my money back from them is to take them to court. I would steer clear of this company.