cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2020 GMC 2500 and Pullrite Superglide hitch for puck mount

Raptormom02
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at getting a new 2020 GMC 2500AT4 with the puck system and I was wondering what others use for sliding hitch options? We have a traditional superglide we got in 2009 for our 2002 Chevy and love it. We like the security of knowing it just slides and not have to worry about having a broken back window.

I see Superslide has a converter hitch mount #4452 that would go with the hitch #2300. Is anyone using this set up and if so how do you like it?

I was also wondering if anyone knows if we can use our original superglide hitch and just use the #4452 with it instead of purchasing a new superglide.

It would be so easy if they would just release their superglide made for the 2020 GMC.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Husband and I
2 adult children 19&21
2002 Chevy 2500HD Diesel
2009 Raptor 300MP
KTM 350
Raptor 350 x2
White Lab, small terrier
3 REPLIES 3

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the same boat. I'm planning to buy a 2020 GM truck with the OEM tow pucks.

For a traditional Superglide (I have the same), you need the adapter for the pucks to an ISR rail set. Then, you need an adapter (4409) to make your traditional hitch fit into the ISR rails. I spoke to customer service at Pullrite. The guy said it will work and be safe but there probably will be some slop (my word, not his). He also said it will raise the hitch an inch or two (wouldn't be more precise than that) in a truck bed that's already super high. The puck to ISR adapter is available from Pullrite. But, Demco makes one also and I kind of like the looks of that one better (less assembly to mess with).

I agree that they need to release the direct mount hitch. But, that doesn't appear to be imminent.

I'm intrigued by the new position of the mounts and possibility of using a fixed hitch. My 5th wheel is pretty square across the front so I need all the space I can get. Would a gooseneck setup get me any more distance between cab and trailer?
2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

wilo53
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a 2011 duromax shortbed and pull it with a 30 ft alumiscape with a 20 lbs slider hitch. I have trouble with "bucking" sometimes going down the road or going over bumps. I feel the looseness in the the fifth wheel, but this is different. When we installed the rails for the hitch, (different hitch at the time) we installed it in front of center slightly.Both hitches bucked. I've heard it might be the Chevrolet suspension. In my 2005, I put an extra leaf in and that worked. I was talked into air bags on this 2011, but still bucks. Any suggestions

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
I think you will find that your bed is longer plus GM placed their pucks so that the hitch point is 2-3" behind the axle centerline. I doubt that many will use an auto slider for that truck. You may want to measure from the gooseneck ball to your cab and see if you are going to have clearance issues. I have a friend who set up a B&W companion on his 2020 and the trailer's kingpin was positioned right over the gooseneck socket. He has had no issues not using a sliding hitch.