cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th Airborne question

WhereRwe
Explorer
Explorer
Just got my new Reese 5th Airborne out of the box. Under the hitch where the airline goes up into the bag are two bolts. They are sticking out about an inch. Is that right?
Eric J
Living the dream...
Wonderful wife, great kids...and pulling something with a really cool truck. Actually I don't even like camping, It's just an excuse to pull a big trailer.:W

2004 F350 FX4 Lariat. 6.0 PSD
2007 CrossRoads CF32BL
5 REPLIES 5

WhereRwe
Explorer
Explorer
Got an answer from Reese....

If your unit has 2 bolts on top of the unit and then the 2 under the unit: the bottom 2 bolts are used as guide pins and to not tighten to the body of the unit.

Thank you for contacting the Technical Group.

So I guess on mine they are supposed to be loose.
I should specify to you guys that my hitch is the 16k model 5AB-E1621-16K
Eric J
Living the dream...
Wonderful wife, great kids...and pulling something with a really cool truck. Actually I don't even like camping, It's just an excuse to pull a big trailer.:W

2007 CrossRoads CF32BL

SteveB
Explorer
Explorer
That does not look right. Mine are tight. I moved the bag on mine during setup so I tightened them, Curious to what Reese has to say but a phone call might be more appropriate.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD Auto 4X4 CC Dually, Reese 20K
SOLD 8/2015 '01 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD HO 6sp, Reese 15K Pro w/ Kwik Slide, Prodigy

'04 Jayco Jayflight 28.5RKS

WhereRwe
Explorer
Explorer
Hitch installed very easy.

I put a wrench on the bolts but they feel tight like they are bottomed out or cross thread.
I haven't put air in the bag yet but I don't think that will make any diff.

I sent a question to reese a day ago but no response yet.
Eric J
Living the dream...

2007 CrossRoads CF32BL

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
I just went out and looked and those bolts are flush and tight.
Mine came installed, so I don't know how it arrived.

I did remove it to change the height, and it really is a two-man job.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I am not close to mine to look. But those look like the bolts that hold the air bag in place. Mine are tight.