cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A service for fixing RVs after the PDI

ctilsie242
Explorer II
Explorer II
I saw this mentioned elsewhere, but when one buys a new rig, there is a company that would send a technician to the PDI, just to ensure all that can be fixed, will be. After the rig is signed for, the company will go in and spend time and deal with stuff, for example:

• Add a resonator to the Onan generator's exhaust.
  • Add better shock mounts to the Onan as well.
  • Add Fatmat/Dynamat/Hushmat to the doghouse so one can drive barefoot.
  • Add an accumulator tank after the water pump, and/or just replace the water pump with a variable speed one.
  • Add a solar charging system.
  • If the disk is in the black/gray tank, which was cut out for the fittings, remove it.
  • Ensure vents are secured, so they don't fall into the tanks.
  • Go under the rig and add stainless steel wool and spray foam so critters go elsewhere.
  • Reinforce areas that need it.
  • Go up on the roof and hit everything that needs it with Dicor.
  • Add backsplashes and other small items to make life easier.

Anyone remember this company's name? It sounds like a useful service, especially for some brands of motorhomes which have a reasonable price, but fit/finish can definitely be improved. Their thing is to turn a somewhat decent motorhome into one that lasts a lot longer by fixing the manufacturer stuff from the get-go.
6 REPLIES 6

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
ctilsie242 wrote:
I saw this mentioned elsewhere, but when one buys a new rig, there is a company that would send a technician to the PDI, just to ensure all that can be fixed, will be. After the rig is signed for, the company will go in and spend time and deal with stuff, for example:

• Add a resonator to the Onan generator's exhaust.
  • Add better shock mounts to the Onan as well.
  • Add Fatmat/Dynamat/Hushmat to the doghouse so one can drive barefoot.
  • Add an accumulator tank after the water pump, and/or just replace the water pump with a variable speed one.
  • Add a solar charging system.
  • If the disk is in the black/gray tank, which was cut out for the fittings, remove it.
  • Ensure vents are secured, so they don't fall into the tanks.
  • Go under the rig and add stainless steel wool and spray foam so critters go elsewhere.
  • Reinforce areas that need it.
  • Go up on the roof and hit everything that needs it with Dicor.
  • Add backsplashes and other small items to make life easier.

Anyone remember this company's name? It sounds like a useful service, especially for some brands of motorhomes which have a reasonable price, but fit/finish can definitely be improved. Their thing is to turn a somewhat decent motorhome into one that lasts a lot longer by fixing the manufacturer stuff from the get-go.

At what cost?????????......would be my first question.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Why not just hire a mobile RV tech and give them a list of the things you want changed or repaired?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
You cut and pasted a list from somewhere. Do you even know what those things are or do? Take whatever your "friends" have you worried about with a grain of salt. Buy a rv. If something's broke, it's under warranty. If you want to add or modify something, have at it.
You can hire a RV repairman to modify anything you want. I wouldn't go looking for stuff to spend $ on after buying a brand new Rv though.

Sorry to answer your question I do not know any repairmen.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
If my roof needs Dicor the day I buy it the dealer is doing it for free...

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
Sure would like to know more about that. Could have used it a couple of times.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I thought the reason for the PDI is so the factory/dealer can fix the problems found during the PDI. Who pays for this third party to do what should be done by the seller/builder?

Or are we talking about used units? And private sellers?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"